Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about IDOC XML Port

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying out the blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4443. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] But, I don't see any advantage of using this as it's like appending the file (because each IDoc xml will have it's own start and end tag). Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want capture x number of idocs you can also do it in XI

using Message Packet settings. Use these blogs for reference

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/09/07/using-a-bpm-to-collect-messages-for-a-set-interval-of-time

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

In that case, the root node's occurances should be changes from 1:1 to 1: unbounded.

In general, the idoc's minimum and maximum occurances will be 1.

You have to download the XSD of the standard IDOC and edit the root node occurances to:

xsd:element name="IDOC" type="ORDERS.ORDERS05" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"

then upload the new XSD as external definition.

Then use this external definition as the source structure in the mapping.

Regards,

Ravi

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The aim is to reduce the time taken by BPM to collect hundreds of messages. This is therefore done outside XI

Regards,

Prateek

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I understand your point.

Actually I've started testing it. But the problem is the output XML file contains all the IDocs, not the exact number what we specify in the report RSEOUT00. For example if I specify 5 as Max No. Of IDocs, the output file should have only 5 IDocs and not all which are waiting in the ALE layer. Is that correct? Or am I missing any configuration?

Thanks,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe,

In WE20 open your partner and double click your Message Type in the Outbound Parameters table. You will have a field there "Pack Size". Chose an appropriate number here.

Regards,

Jaishankar

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

But I suppose pack size in WE20 isn't applicable for XML Port, it is valid only for tRFC. Can you confirm?

Regards,

Joe.