cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BrokenDc's

Former Member
0 Kudos

While transfering the application to the Assembly server I found some of DC's broken.

So I want to know how can i overcome the situation.

Thanks in advance

regards.

Rama Krishna Mandha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Krishna,

Please see the Stack trace of the error. Because there are many reasons for the Broken DC.

Check weather the activities for the DC's are released forcefully, if so then create the new activities again and after successful build release the activities.

Refer to the following link

Fixing Broken Development Components:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/14fa07c15214dce10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

1 check in your CBS the reason for broken DC.(borken by itself, broken by used dc, broken by metadata).

2. if it is because of other used DC. then check wheather it is broken or not.

3. try to build DC in CBS itself, by use build in workspace option of CBS.

if problem is solved then good.. else you have to correct the changes through NWDS and chek in activities..

4. IF it is the only one broken DC and broken by itself. then check its build log. create an another activity for correction, and then check in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created the new Activity , while checkin that

Activity,thnan it's showing that Activation failed.

Below is the CBS log file

Calculate all combinations of components and variants to be built...

"wartsila.com/CustomerModule" variant "default"

"wartsila.com/CustomerModule" variant "default" IS BROKEN. The component therefore cannot be built. Activation will fail.

[DC 199 variant "default"][SC 383 "wartsila.com_ETOOLS_1"][last successful build: 0]

Prepare build environment in the file system... started at 2008-05-27 07:09:48.819 GMT

Prepare build environment in the file system... finished at 2008-05-27 07:09:48.819 GMT and took 0 ms

===== Pre-Processing ===== finished at 2008-05-27 07:09:48.822 GMT and took 4 s 756 ms

Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

ERROR! The following problem(s) occurred during request processing:

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "wartsila.com/CustomerModule" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

Can u please tell me the solution for regarding this one.

Regards,

Rama Krishna Mandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Krishna,

Is your DC building properly? Is your activation request is getting activated. Try reloading the DC and build it and then activate it.

See the build-log then it might give you a queue.

Regards

Srikant

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Release "activities" forcefully for the Broken DCs

Now, Create New Activities for those, Build and Release.

nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some one might have done a forced activation even if build fails.

during activation

Regards

Ayyapparaj