cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java API: Limiting search to a specific set of records ids?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm trying to find a way to do the following: run a search (a pretty simple search, just check for a specific value in a specific field), but instead of running the search on an entire table I want to limit it to a specific set of record-ids, the point being that I know which record-ids I want to search on (I'm getting them from a listener event) and I'd like to make the search more effective.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alon,

Are you on SP6? If so, have you tried the [RetrieveRecordsByIdCommand|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/SP06/com/sap/mdm/data/commands/RetrieveRecordsByIdCommand.html]?

Regards,

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on SP6, and am aware of that function, but it will retrieve all the record with the IDs I give it -- I want to narrow it down further to records within that set that follow some kind of rule (for example one of their fields has a specific value)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a lot of investigating I don't think it can be done. What I need is a Search Dimension that filters Record IDs, and this doesn't exist, yet.

Thanks for the effort to help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem. I was thinking about it myself and it seems that your best bet is to search for records with the desired attribute values and then isolate the records with specific ids from that result set. If anyone knows a better approach, please let us know.

Doug

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alon,

I have a suggestion which might help. In the application which produces the list of ID's, create a mask containing those record ID's. Then use this mask ID as one of your search parameters. This should achieve exactly what you want!

Walter