cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have seen few blogs on RFC (sender side) scenarios. I just want to know in what kind of requirement we require to write coding in the SAP system and when no coding require.

Please help me with the answers.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, If we have Employee data in the database and that needs to be send to File system means,

In SAP R/3

1) We have to choose either the standard BAPI or Custom BAPI According to the requirement

2) Now we have to write the Report to call that BAPI by passing the request as EMP ID and pull the corresponding EMP Details and pass it to XI( BAPI will have Import & Export--in Import we will pass EmpID, & in Export we can have the Emp Details)

3) These Emp Details has to goto Target System

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using 3 ways we can take the data from SAP.

1. RFC/BAPI

2. IDoc

3. Proxy

If there is any IDoc or RFC is there to suitable to our requirement then we go for that RFC or IDoc, then we will do some changes in the R/3.

If it is not suited to our requirement then we go for proxy. here we can write the code.

By using ABAP program we can call the outbound proxy class.

syntax : call method <Class_name> -> <Method_name>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally SAP provides BAPI/RFC which satisfies many business scenarios.

If you have a requirement where you need extra fields in addition to standard BAPI, then you need to customize those..

Apart from this, you need to provide an input to BAPI by running a report, as BAPI just pulls the data based on this input and exports the data to XI

These are the possible scenarios where you may need to write code.

Award points if it is helpful

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Go through this examples:

RFC -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 1)

RFC -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 2)

Thanks,

Satya Kumar