cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a program in an external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a simple file to file transfer scenarion after creating the file in the target system, a program/shell script residing on the target system(not in XI Server) needs to be executed. Any way to do this?

Maximum points assured for best answer .

Thanks in advance.

warm regards,

Shaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uma,

want to avoid using rsh from XI..due to various resaons.Might have to be the last option.

Thanks for replying..Do you know of anyway i could call from XI..that is using interfaces etc..? or writing custom adapter or using standalone JDK or some other way where the whole thing can be tracked by XI?

Dear Rajeev,

as mentioned

1)the target system does not have J2EE server

2)Client proxy might not help as it is not the client side but the inbound end..

3)Executing EJB's on XI J2EE server does not help as the executable that needs to be called is not on the XI Server but in the inbound target system.

Is there a way we can start a java program on a third standalone system with only JDK installed?

Dont care how.. client proxy, server proxy..whatever..as long as its a proper way(i.e within the framework of XI and not using custom things like telnet etc..)..maybe a custom adapter..if so what protocol or how would i go about writing it?

Am sure this req will be needed in some other places also...sometime...hopefully this thread will be visited for the "right" solution

warm regards,

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link.This may help u.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know much of Java Proxies, but from my understanding, the server proxy object needs to be deployed in some J2EE Server?

The target system does not have a J2EE Server running to call a program in its system. Can we create a Java Server Proxy as a stand alone Java Programs..i.e with only JDK installed on the target system and no J2EE server

Looks like the problem is not yet answered..

Message was edited by: Shaji Bhaskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You don't req J2EE server at client's side.You can write the stand-alone client and call the Java server proxy generated by XI.

Java Proxy is nothing but the EJBs with getter and setter methods of the interface which needs to be implemented at the server side and then be called from client by JNDI lookup.

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for the clear solution. You get the points.

Vishnu and Christine ..thanks for replying to my post.

warm regards,

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Christine and Vishnu,

The program needs to be executed in the external system NOT in XI server.

I think Michael has got close to the solution.

warm regards,

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

check this link, it may give you more info. (calling multiple scripts)

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

in the receiver file adapter you can specify a os command to be executed after the file transfer, but that is not what you want... however maybe you can create a script on XI server that calls the target server?

best regards

Christine

Message was edited by: Christine Geier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

I would need a plain J2SE adapter to be installed in the external system (besides having a central file adapter pointing to it) to execute the java proxy ???

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no,

you can call any kind of program anywhere from a java proxy (this is just a java program) that just gets invoked by the XI

nothing else

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

this is possible,

check these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0b/9a50465ccf84479e39a6d50c90fb3f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

Regards

Vishnu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Any way to do this?

you can try doing your scenario in a BPM

receive step - send step and then send step (jave proxy for instance) which will start the program

Regards,

michal