cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application for handheld

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We intend to convert our well-working SAPConsole solution (on a 4.6 system) for warehouse PDA's into a browser based solution.

The new scenario is NetWeaver 7.0, Web Dynpro (for ABAP preferably) and scanner-PDA's running Windows CE or Windows Mobile.

I have created a simple input/output Web Dynpro for ABAP application for testing and have it running under WinCE. On Mobile we still have problems comming by the SAP logon screen. Seems the browser does not recognize the "login" button as a button.

And here comes the question: How do I control sound output on the PDA from the application?

The warehouse wants "good sound" / "bad sound" depending on the outcome of the input validation.

🐵

Jens.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no support yet for mobile devices in WDA, only Java version.

have a look at not 1098009 - Limitations for WD ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tough luck, but thank you for your reply anyway.

But before we go on looking into Java, I would like to use this for some performance testing.

It's a simple application not giving any rendering problems and we are able to run it under Windows CE.

What I see is a response time that reduces scanning frequency to 7 or 8 scannings in 10 seconds. Running on a full IE on my laptop the response time would enable between 70 and 80 scannings in 10 seconds (meaning no real limitations).

Does anybody have similar experiences regarding response time, and were you able to optimize it?

I still have the problem with the logon screen. Does device recocnition have a problem with Windows mobile 5.0 and 6.0?

I am using the URL parameters for Pocket PC but with or without them there still seems to be a Java Script connected to the "Logon" button.

🐵

Jens.