Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Can not establish connection to the remote server

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I have successfully installed CE 7.1 SP03 in my laptop.Since i am not connected to any network so i install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter(which dynamically determines the IP address).

Now my problem is that whenever i tried to deploy any webdynpro/caf application it gives error message that is

Errorcold DPL Naming exception.can not get initial context.

Reason:Exception diuring getinitialContext.Can not establish connection to the remote server

plz sugest me what additional configuration i have to do to make my local server work.

Best Regards.

Satish

***************Point credited if for helpful answer*********

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Satish,

You said local server means your NWDS & WAS is on your laptop only?

if yes then why are you using MS Loopback Adapter?

If this not the case and your server is at remote location. make sure that you are getting connected to the same N/W of your server

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

shabir ,shenal

i am able to access navigator and portal of server machine(which is my laptop itself).

ya shenal

local server means NWDS & WAS is on my laptop only?

when i tried to installed the server it is asking for some media file which was not there in my server setup.then i condigure MS Loopback Adapter then only installation was started. ya as i wrote i am able to access portal navigator and.

Only problem with deployment.

***Can u plz point me where all the deployment content are resides in server(Depolyed file system location in machin).

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All your deployed applications will be available at

E:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps

Regards

Ayyapparaj

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Satish,

For the time being use your sdm deploy tool, or remote gui for deployment.

if your laptop <ip>i.e.127.0.0.1 localhost entry is already available in host file.

just create onther one give a diff name and again check the deployment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether you were able to access navigator and portal of server machine from your machine also please check the settinng of sap J2ee engine and NWDS preferences.