Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one of my interface sender sidei am using file adapter .

Adapter have to pick the file and Archive that file and using OS command it must put it another folder.

up to yesterday it was fine.

yesterday one file came with error format and it showed that error and didnt processed file.

error is:

Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 48 according to structure 'Row':java.lang.Exception: ERROR in configuration / structure 'Row.': More elements in file csv structure than field names specified!

when we checked in the morning time adapter still trying to process the file...strange is after picking the file from source directory again inserting same file back into the source directory.

we renamed the file in source directory but after some time the file is appearing in the source directory..

i checked from the source system they confirmed they are not produsing anyfiles..

what could be the problem...

anyone plz give me some inputs...

Thanks for your time..

Regards

Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing, until you resolve the error in the FCC parameters or change the file content, the File adapter will keep polling the same file and reflect same error. Until the file is processed sucessfully by the File adapter, the file will neither be archived and the OS command be run.

"we renamed the file in source directory but after some time the file is appearing in the source directory.."

Here i have one doubt, after renaming, the file is coming back with old name or the new name?

Regards,

Anurag Mahendru

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

we dont want to process the file now.

and the file is creating with the oldname .

but why it is creating back is there anything i can do to stop this.

thansk for your time.

Regards

Rao

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs.

Actually problem was when the file comes into source directory OS command must run and copy the file into onefolder and same time it must archive and delete file from the source directory..

because of file format is wrong it is neither arcieving nor copying file because of that we can c the file in the source directory ..

now we deleted file from source directory it works fine..

Thansk everyone for u r inputs and time..

Regards

Rao

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PT Rao,

If you want to stop the process...in the sender communication channel make the Adapter Status as Inactive.

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Pragathi.

Edited by: Pragathi on May 28, 2008 2:27 PM

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pragathi,

first step i tried that but no luck..

finally we solved it...

Thanks for your input..

Regards

Rao

former_member200267
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the poll interval of the file adapter.

There would many threads already created for that process and still running.

Inform ur Admin to kill those threads otherwise it would accumulates and slows down the entire system

Regards,

RDS

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RDS,

thanks for responce could you tell me how can kill the process and how it will help me to solve this issue.

Regards

rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check reciever communication channel target directory path and all the parameters carefully.

Regards