cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

throw an error after a BPM step with understandable answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using a BPM and I would to throw an error after a step with understandable answer so as to be seen from SXMB_MONI or from the content of the message. I use an alert to throw the exception but it is not so oprical good. Do you have any idea , Do you think that i could use a trick transfrmation step for exception using a fault structure ?

Antonis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use a Block step. Put step inside block for which you want to handle the exception. You can insert a exception branch in block. Define a exception for that block. Attach this exception to your exception branch.In property window of that particular step attach exception in system error property. In exception branch you can do anything that you want to generate in case of exception e.g. you can generate an error message using transformation step and send it to any receiver.

Regards

Sami

Reward points if helpful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can use the Exception branch and there u can use transform step as well as send step to send some error to ur communicating systems

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this easily in BPM:

1) Place the step on which you want to take action in a block.

2) In this block, create an exception branch.

3) Now in the exception branch create a transformation which will take receiving structure as input and some custom structure as output (you can create this structure).

4) Now in exception branch only use send step to send this output out of BPM.

Let me know in case you require any further help.

Regards,

Anurag Mahendru.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have an exception branch to do whatever handling you want to do