cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quotation confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I have a simple scenario, wherein I send a simple quotation to the customer and customer in turn confirms the same so that i can create the Sales order.

Is ther any arrangement in SD that quotation can get confirmed through customer. A simple check will also work where customer gives the confirmation on phone and quotation is checked (as confirmed).

without confirming the quotation the Sales order should not be created.

Is ther any such provision in SAP.

Please give me your valuable suggestion.

Thanks and regards,

Ashish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ashis

Please don't remove the BLK tick markd in object staus at header level of quatation unless and untill u get the confirmation from the customer. If u are not removing the Object status then Sales order will not except the reference.

Hope this way u can achieve the same.

Thx.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The physical document can be scanned and saved in the local drive or the email confirmation can be saved in the local drive.

In the order (VA02) click on the Icon SERVICE FOR OBJECTS - just above the application tool bar on the exteme left, and you will find many options like attaching a new file or viewing the attached filed. Here you can attach the file which contains this confirmation information. This file will flow to subsequent documents also.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If the S.O. should be created if and only if the quotation is confirmed, then one solution I could think of: configure ur S.O. doc type "OR" in a way that it is mandatory to create the SO w.ref to the quotation.

in VOV8, in the General Control tab, assign a value 'B' to the ref mandatory field.

vamshikrishnajm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A customer cannot confirma order. If you want to confirm a order with reference to a quotation then you can create the order with reference to the quotation you can go to the order detail screen ( vov8) and then u can mention in the reference mandatory field - with reference to a quotation.

Thanks

Vamshi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Based on the quotation (with reference to that quotation) the customer issues the Purchase Order. We specify that PO number in the sales ordr. Though the order is confirmed as per the quotation, over phone, a written/email confirmation/PO will be sent later. In some projects it is scanned and attached to the sales order also.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your valuable response.. Can u pls give me a bit of more informatio. How to make attachments in the SO.

Regards,

Ashish