cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material availbility thru MRP Run in non-project stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i do a MRP run for a project and make a reservation for a material but available in some other storage location (not for project stock), does it block the material physically in that storage location for my requirement?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MD02: Plant stock MRP will help if you are reserving in plant stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

suppose some requirement come from the plant who has got this storage location. Should system give preference to my requirement or this new stock?

beside this, can we block materials physically at storage location against any reservation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very sure about your questions but feel:

1. Development in area of MRP configuration will be reqd to address you first req.

2. You cant block material against reservation.

Let us see if anyone comes up with different idea.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i say that making a reservation means blocking a material too in stores?

suppose i make a reservation for 300 nos. of valves from a store which is not in my plant and at same time some other plant makes a reservation for 300 .nos. of valves from same stock and store belongs to that plant only. And store is having only 300.nos of valves, will these material will be given to my plant or the parent plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Reservation doesnt mean blocking, it is just a requirement declaration. In your example, plant stock has 300 nos and reservation is for 600 nos. The person who issues (withdraws from stock) first gets the material.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

it means its purely first come first serve type ( obviously in system)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reservation via projects meaning just an intimation for the reserving the stock for the future use.

It does not block the material against the Project.

Yes in your case who ever issues the material first to project will get the material.

Thanks..

Answers (0)