Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to get the value from parsed XML data

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Exports,

I am developing a off-line interactive form in webdynpro for abap, for this requirement first I have converted my pdf into xml and using get_value I have tried to get the values. But up to parsing XML data and getting node information its working fine when i use get_value method to get the value am getting nothing (Even am not getting any error). please help me out. this is an urgent issue for me.

Thanks is in advance.

Phalani M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phalani,

Go through the following blogs.They might help.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9121%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-order%3Ddate] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[/people/shruti.rathour/blog/2008/02/07/uploading-sap-interactive-form-on-the-abap-webdynpro-view]

Plz reward if helpful.

Thanks.

Shruti

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

Thanks for your response but i 've written the code by following that blog only, but using get_value method am not able to retrieve data.

can you tell me any another approach.

Phalani M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phalani Kanth Gupta ,

We can now use the methods of the xml interface to read values from the xml Document.Eg: Iam using the method Find_From_name() to retrive the value of an attribute by giving the name of the node in form interface. Here node name, attribute name, field names all refer to the names in the form.

DATA: node TYPE REF TO if_ixml_node.

interface.node = document->find_from_name(NAME_OF_EMPLOYEE).

IF NOT node IS INITIAL.

Name = node->get_value( ).

Write the node name is caps and also same as its appearing in XML

Regards

Sarath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have followed the same approach and it was working fine. If you are also using this than it might be possible that there is some problem with the node name. Please make sure that the Node name is same as it is there in the PDF Form and should be in CAPS. For ex : If node name is PERNR,

NODE = DOCUMENT->FIND_FROM_NAME( NAME = 'PERNR' ).

Data EMP_NO type string.

EMP_NO = NODE->GET_VALUE( ).

Thanks.

Shruti

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

If am using single structure am able to get the value from the node, here in my requirement I have 3 structures where i couldn't get the value from node.

can you give me any another solution.

Thanks in advance.

Phalani M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phalani Kanth Gupta,

Check this blog, codes for reading from xml is there.

/people/sarath.satheesan/blog/2008/04/03/adobe-interactive-form--read-a-table-manually-wda

Regards

Sarath