cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with License install, GUI and Transaction SLICENSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all, I am really new to SAP NetWeaver. I installed SAP NetWeaver (2004s) 7.00 Developer Workplace SP9 SR3 and it works. I want to upgrade my license from 30days to 90days and I requested a new license, which i already received.

I'm trying to install the license via console with the command:

saplicense -install file=<filelocation>

At this Point I'm receiving an error:

+SAPLICENSE (Release 700) ERROR ***

ERROR: Connect to database failed

DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99

SQL-ERROR -4008 (check DB manual for explanation)+

I read the notes about installing the license via GUI and the transaction SLICENSE. But that is my biggest problem. Since I am really new to NetWeaver, I don't know how to get to the SAP GUI. Do I have to download the GUI? Does it come with the NetWeaver-Package? I am trying to find documentations about it, but I don't get a document that tells me where to find the GUI, how to install and configure.

I'm hoping someone could help me out of this problem.

regards,

RandomStudent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install license key via Visual Administrator for SAP NetWeaver (2004s) 7.00 SP14 SR3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

thx for your answer (I rewarded points)!

Finally I figured out how to install the license via the Visual Administrator. For everyone, who faces the same problem and doesn't know where to find infos, I describe the solution in short.

-

I started the Visual Administrator via go.bat - you can find the file at <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC<Instance>\j2ee\admin (here: D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\admin). Execute the .bat and login to the Visual Administrator (for more information about logging in search for "Visual Administrator" at: http://help.sap.com)

When you are logged in and already received a file with the new license key do the following:

Select:

Cluster --> <your SID> --> <your Server> --> Services -->Licensing Adapter

Register "General" shows information about your system, like the hardware key to request a license or the System ID.

Register "Installed Licenses" shows information about the installed license, like expiration date, etc.

Installing the License Key

1. Use the "Install license from file" button to upload the file on register "General"

2. Select the file with the downloaded license key

3. Choose Open to continue

4. Then a popup appears stating that the license has been installed successfully

5. Restart the J2EE Engine

Check the license key under the Installed Licenses tab.

It's easy to do, if you know where to find it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the problem still comes, when your SAP Java instance does not want to start up due to invalid license.

[Thr 1] JControlIResetProcess: reset process dispatcher

[Thr 1] JControlICheckProcessList: license check failed

[Thr 1] JControlMainLoop: license check failed -> shutdown the instance

[Thr 1] JControlProcessMessage: received <shutdown without restart> command

[Thr 1] JControlIStopInstance: shutting down (command: 0)

I knew how to install Java licenses via Visual Admin, but my problem is that Java even does not start, so Visual Admin does not have anything to connect to.

I tried to temporarly install a temp license and then start the instance up with it, but failed:

saplicense -temp

• SAPLICENSE (Release 700) ERROR ***

ERROR: Connect to database failed

DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99

SQL-ERROR 1017 (check DB manual for explanation)

This error by the way a user / password problem which I doubt. I checked the saplicense command also from a working Portal of ours, and it hit the same error, so this error does not necessarily mean a thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello

For NW 2004S, a license key for this release of SAP cannot be installed via

'saplicense -install'.

You would only need to install the digitally encrypted key via SLICENSE -> New licenses.

The notes #94998 and #870871 have some more details

as well as the following PDF about installing license keys.

http://service.sap.com/licensekey -> mySAP Business Suite ->

license Keys for SAP Systems (Adobe PDF)

Details on installing SAPGUI should be in the installation guide you are working with

Hope this helps

Ken