cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap .net connector 2.0 is not accepting .net framework of higher version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Want to install <i>sap .net connector 2.0</i> on my local machine. but on running the setup for <i>sap .net connector 2.0</i> it is throwing this error.

<u>the setup requires the .net framework version 1.1.4322

please install the .net framework and run this setup again.</u>

But my machine already have .net framework version 2.0 that is higher version that the connector setup needs.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Network connection on .net for5 SAp Netweaver is obligatory than mandatory. That is higher functionality

coding can cause error. So it is obligatory for step down connector. This is baecause your vc ++ editor recommends a lower input. So if you still want to persist with 2.0 for 2.0 you should have a back end connector. That is use 2.0 net as base solver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download and install .NET framework version 1.1. You can run .NET 1.1 and 2.0 framework side by side without problems, but you will have to develop with VS.NET 2003, but it won't prevent you from using .NET 2.0 for other projects or experimentation.

Does VS 2005 allow you to pick the runtime version? I doubt it.

Thanks,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

He can not <b>install</b> .NET connector 2.0 without VS 2003 installed, even if he does have framework 2.0. Though it's true that for runtime only he doesn't need it (all he needs is the framework).

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ofer,

I just wanted him to know that he can install and use different versions of .NET (just not for use with .NET connector). He can keep .NET 2.0 and use it for other projects and testing, but needs .NET 1.1 + VS.NET 2003 for the 2.0 connector.

Any idea when a connector that supports .NET 2.0 and VS 2005 will be available?

Thanks,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

VS .NET 2005 comes with the .NET framework 2.0 .

1.0 came with VS.NET 2002 - which was once just called VS.NEt.

1.1 came with VS.NET 2003 - which is the current version just about everyone is using for development.

If you are ahead of the curve technologically, it appears that the .NET connector will not work with either VS.NET 2005 or the .NET framework 1.1 .

Kinda odd that they don't allow the 2.0 version as it should have most of the same functionality of the 1.1 version, but certainly the interface in VS.NET 2005 is different than the interface in VS.NET 2003. They closely integrated the .NET connector 2.0 with VS.NET - so it may be that it just won't work unless you have VS.NET 2003 and the .NET framwork 1.1.

I remember having the SAP version that came with one of the ABAP Objects books. It was pretty cool, even though I had to run SAP GUI on a separate maching than the one running the server.

But the downside was when I upgraded my server to Windows Server 2003 and my little SAP environment when kaput.

Alex Flynn

Former Member
0 Kudos

whoops - one of the times I said it wouldn't work with the .NET connector 1.1 - it won't work with the .NET Connector 2.0.

Probably should preview my message next time.

Alex Flynn

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need Visual Studio .NET 2003 installed on your machine before you install the .NET connector 2.0.

regards,

Ofer