cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing on Zebra printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have Zebra printer (Zebra4ml) attached to pc through Parallel port. We want to use access method F : Printing of front end computer to get the barcode print. Can we use zebra printer using access method F or not and what all configuration need to be done to get the barcode printing.

Can any body help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using front-end printing, please not that what's being printed is actually an image.

On many label-printers that will make the printing very slow and the printer will "hack"

This will also effect other printouts so the whole printing in the system will be slowed down.

The prefered method is to connect the Zebra-printer to a network-attatched print server and take it from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the reply.

Can you please tell whether can I print Barcode labels on Zebra Label Printer and if yes then can you tell me How?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to setup a printer i SAP (transaktion SPAD) with device-type LB_ZEB or LB_ZEB2.

Sometimes, if the SAP standard is not enough, one have to create a device-type of your own, preferably based on one of the above.

Secondly, you need to create SAPscript form or SmartForm in SAP together

This means that you need to know the programminglanguage of the Zebra-printer so can adress the page, change font etc.

This together with an ABAP-program which reads the data that you want to print. This is all developer-work.

Last, you need to configure that, e g when printing adress label you should trigger the abap to print your label. This is either the work of an experienced programmer or an application worker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for your helpful answer. Any other suggestion/input on this .

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only thing for me to add is that these zebra-printers tend to be very sensitive so time to time you have to restart them.

I have not been programming for a couple of years so my knowledge is a little bit out-of-date. The application part is even worse. Sorry.

Can't help you any further.