cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported archive : issues in loading referenced XSDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I am validating XML messages in XI using a Java mapping and by loading the XSDs at runtime.

I am facing a typical problem when my XSDs import / include other XSDs and below is the situation.

-

I have a Java mapping class say Validator in a package

com.myclient.xiutils.

I have XSDs in a folder inside this package which is

com.myclient.xiutils.xsds

Within the Validator class, I load the XSDs using the statement,

InputStream schemaInputStream =
			this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("xsds/primary.xsd");

There is no issue if the primary.xsd has everything inside it but in my case, the third party has provided the xsds to us and the primary.xsd has a reference (import) to secondary.xsd.

whichever location in the package structure I put the secondary.xsd, XI does not recognize it and errors out saying unable to find secondary.

The workaround I had used was I copied the secondary.xsd to the location pointed by the environment variable user.dir and XI could find it at runtime but I want to know what is the correct way.

Edited by: Amol Joshi on May 28, 2008 10:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

May be you could try the following lead to resolve the problem:

Lets assume your primary.xsd in the package com.myclient.xiutils.xsds has the following line within it

<xsd:import namespace="..." schemaLocation=

"com/myclient/xiutils/xsds/secondary.xsd"/>

In such a case I assume, the following would happen: Your java runtime would look for the secondary XSD under the following path

+com.myclient.xiutils.xsds.com.myclient.xiutils.xsds.secondary.xsd+.

The underlined path is the path for the primary.xsd, followed by the path of secondary.xsd. If this guess is right, then simply changing the schemaLocation to "secondary.xsd" would help.

Regards,

Keerti Nayak

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Check the XSD Schema and Namespace in Secondary.xsd

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Pragathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to copy the secondar.xsd information into primary.xsd any try for it, its working or not check can we use other names or not.

Reward points if needful.

Thanks,

RamuV