cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalidate the node

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

iam new to webdynpro what happens if we invalidate the node?can u plz explain me clearly

thanks

kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Invalidate means all the data of the node would be flushed and node size will become 0.

regards

Surender Dahiya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if example

the Node is ValueNode

E_ValueNode

E_Name = "aaa"

E_Id ="111"

Then

E_ValueNode.invalidate() will clear the Values in "E_Name " and "E_Id". means after invalidation the values

"aaa" and "111" in E_Name " and "E_Id " cleared .

i hope you got.

Thanks,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Adding to all the above explanation. You may have heard about always invalidating the RFC output node after executing the RFC. You have to do that because model is passive. When you execute the RFC, output is collected from backend and remains in model but that is not passed on to the component controller. To extract this fresh data from model, component controller's code have to invalidate its output node. When your code do invalidate, it clears all the existing data that is residing in output node and fetches the fresh data from the model.

I hope I have not confused you.

Regards,

Gopal

0 Kudos

hi,

invalidate nullify ur value node but refreshes the model node it doesn't nullify model node. u will have to explicitly do that

0 Kudos

With this method you refresh the node content. If you call a RFC you must invalidate data node in order to update data

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Incase of value nodes the entire value will be cleared and reset to default.

If you want to trigger supply functions.

Regards

Ayyapparaj