cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help in webdynpro abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am new to webdynpro abap.i want to implement search help for input feilds in my application,.can anyone give me step by step procedure to create search help

thanx in advance.

regards,

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Web Dynpro provides two types of pre-implemented search helps :

1. ABAP Dictionary Search help

2. OVS

[Input Help for WDA|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b3/4d3642eca5033be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

I have created a blog on implementing OVS help in WDA. You can refer that for sample code.

[OVS help in WDA|/people/shruti.rathour/blog/2008/05/05/ovs-help-in-web-dynpro-abap]

In addition, you can also provide help through Drop Downs and Select options.

[Working with Select options in WDA|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c09fec07-0dab-2a10-dbbe-c9a26bdff03e]

Plz reward if helpful.

Thanks.

Shruti

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to these examples also:

WDR_TEST_CHANGE_VHELP,WDR_TEST_DDIC_SHLP,WDR_OVS

Regards,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of search helps you are talking about?

First of all, check the corresponding context attribute properties. There you have the options for different types of search helps.

If you need to create your own search help, then take a look to demo component DEMO_VALUE_HELPand how it utilizes the search help component FREE_VALUE_HELP.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

There are different wats of implementing search help in WDP depending on your requirements. Some of them are:

- If you have a data element and domain, the fixed values etc. defined for the domain will be automatically available. Set input help mode property of the context node attribute as 'Automatic'.

- If the data element is part of a structure, and you have defined a search help for the field of the structure, it will be automatically available. Set input help mode property of the context node attribute as 'Automatic'.

- Create a search help, and enter it's name as a property of the context node attribute, while setting the Input help mode property as 'Dictionary search help'.

The above three are useful when the search help values are static. If you want to change the search help values at runtime, you can use OVS. Set input help mode property of the context node attribute as 'Object Value Selector'.

Hope this helps,

Wenonah