cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule GP Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a GP Process using an Interactive Form as Callable Object.This from is sent by email to the user as when he submits it,the data is updated in the SAP system.

Now my question is how an i schedule the whole process or the CO so that it reaches the users inbox at a specific time.Please help as soon as possible

Regards

Ishita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishita,

In general, email notification is send when a particular action is completed (i.e. when the approver approves or rejects etc...) and notifications are designed to be send according to the workflow. You can use the email template and attach it to the corresponding CO so that the notification is sent automatically when that CO has completed execution. Can you explain your scenario in detail.

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Thanks for the reply but my scenario is different.My process starts by sending a mail to user with attached interactive form.When the user submits the form the data is updated in sap system.

But what i want is to sent the form to the user at a particular timr say at 9:00 Am daily.So how can i schedule this??

Regards

Ishita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishita,

Try with creating a Background Execution Callable Obj. and schedule it using the portal navigation

Guided Procedures-->Administration->Here You can find a link "Schedule Tasks".

When I am trying to explore the possibilities for your scenario, I happened to see some background CO Execution tasks under this link. Use this as a clue and think if you can meet your scenario using this.

I have also checked the posibilities at blcok level, But Under Notifications Tab you can only schedule time since the start of the process. But in your case your process itself starts with sending a mail...

If I find any other way I will let you know......

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Thanks again.I too had a study about Background CO but i Think it doesnt work for Interactive form where user interface is required.Background CO just executes the task without the user interaction.So in my scenario i think it wont work.

Regards

Ishita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Thank you for the help but theres is an option in Administrator tab of guided procedure "schedule Process Initation" I did that way n it works.Thank You for ur help.

Regards

Ishita