cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI with Gentran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone give us any flow or any link which shows how to make XI 3.0 and gentran talk to each other and any special setting to be done between XI server and R3 server apart from setting in SLD.

Thanks

Arvind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kausik,

The link is a good one, but it is taking about configuring walmart as example which is going to be a party. But in my scenario i need to make XI server talk to Gentran Server nothing to do with party at this stage.

The detailed case is as follows:

Gentran Server going to receive data from walmart and it will do the mapping and gentran server need to send it to XI as IDOC, here XI will become receiver and XI need to send data to R3 470( in this case R3 will be receiver). And once this is done we also need to test the reverse scenario.

My question is how to make gentran and XI server talk to each other ?

If my question is not clear let me know.

Thanks,

Aravind.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Second link is opening. First one keep on asking for login to sdn even i did. Can you check it and send it again ?

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you only want to use Gentran for transformation to/from EDI? If so, is it possible to call Gentran from Java? If yes, a Java mapping step could be the solution.

Kind regards, Guy Crets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kausik,

The link is useful, but certain thing in that is not understandable like in receiver agreement, the selection of interface is not coming for receiving system and also the button activate is not able to be traced.

Is there any other link or document available explaining where to give R3 server name and where to give XI server name and where to give Gentran Server name sort of thing.

Thanks

Hi Guy Crets,

We want to use gentran but could not able to answer your question.

Thanks