cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to notify the selected user of a role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I have GP Role Approving Officer link to the EP Group : ApprovingOfficer and GP Role Applicant link to EP Group: Applicant. I have also tag a list of EP user to the EP Group accordingly.

Whenever the Applicant submit a request via Web Dynpro, the Applicant can select a list of person who of the ApprovingOfficer Group from a dropdown list in WD UI. Once the Applicant submits the request, there will be a task pending in the ApprovingOfficer GP Runtime.

I want only the task to be pending only for that selected person of the ApprovingOfficer instead of all the person which is the current case.

For example,

Role - ApprovingOfficer consisting user A, user B and user C

If I am from dept A, the WD UI will displayed user A and user C for selection. Whenever, I select user A, I would like the pending request entry to be reflected in user A GP Runtime only.

how to I do that? can advise?

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cocomo,

This is possible. In GP design time, now I think you are assigning the EP Groups at the block level (for each action). That is the reason the request is send to all the users (approvers) in that group and they all will see it as pending task in their inbox.

You have to pick the users dynamically at runtime. For this you can follow these steps.

1. When the Initiator selects his approver from the dropdown list of webdynpro UI (It should be a portal ID), capture it from the current context element and expose it into GP Context as an attribute say DynApprover (in complete method.... before this you have to define an attribute DynApprover in getDescription also).

2. In GP Design time at the block level, instead of assigning the roles directly, make it dynamic -

>

-- Select the Process and click on Roles Tab.

-- Select the Administrator, Overseer, Owner roles manually and leve it as "Initiation Defined" as Role Type

--Change the Approver's Role Type to "Runtime Defined" (Select this option from the drop down in RoleType column).

-- Select the Approver's Block and click on Roles Tab.

-- In the Processor of Approver's Action Choose the GP Attribute (that you have filled with dropdown value and exposed already) from the dropdown list of the "Filled from context Parameter" Column.

Let me know if you need any clarifications and I am sure it can be made to work....

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh,

Its works!!!

Regards.

Answers (0)