cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Verify failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings to everyone, recently were eliminated by two Tablespace brtools and dbverify fails indicating that two Tablespace not exist, as this can be resolved because the dbverify not be executed. There is some file or parameter in the database that bears the names of the Tablespace. Annex trace.

BR0051I BRBACKUP 6.40 (40)

BR0055I Start of database backup: bdxzybnw.dbv 2008-05-27 01.00.36

BR0477I Oracle pfile /oracle/RMP/920_64/dbs/initRMP.ora created from spfile /oracle/RMP/920_64/dbs/spfileRMP.ora

BR0065E Tablespace/file 'PSAPDATAD' not found

BR0182E Checking parameter/option 'backup_mode/-m' failed

BR0065E Tablespace/file 'PSAPDATAI' not found

BR0182E Checking parameter/option 'backup_mode/-m' failed

BR0056I End of database backup: bdxzybnw.dbv 2008-05-27 01.00.50

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2008-05-27 01.00.50

BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Can you explain how exactly did you eliminate those tablespaces?

Did you use BR*tools, sqlplus or ...?

What is the exact command do you use for the brbackup that is failing?

what is the "backup_mode" in your init<sid>.sap or the option -m in your command?

As per note 17163 BRARCHIVE/BRBACKUP messages and codes

the error you get is:

> BR0065E Tablespace %s not found.

> BR0065E Tablespace %s nicht gefunden.

> Explanation: This error message is issued when a tablespace you specified (using the BRBACKUP option -m <tablespace name> or by defining the tablespace name in the parameter backup_mode of the init.sap profile) is not defined in the database.

> Program reaction: The BRBACKUP run terminates. User action: Check the tablespace name and restart the BRBACKUP.

so it looks like you are asking to backup the deleted tablespaces and, of course, BRBACKUP fails because they are not there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fault was solvent, backup_modo = all in the file initSID.sap, were selected all Tablespace and now works dbverify. Thanks for the information.

Receive Yours sincerely.

Héctor.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I understand this completely but check your BR*Tools profile file: $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/init<SID>.sap

You can find backup_mode parameter there. Is it set to "all" or are the table space names defined?

Kind regards