cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy characteristics for pricing variant characteristics of BOM- SDCOM-VKO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to create a dummy characteristic OPTICAL_LENS_VP for the characteristic OPTICAL_LENS. While doing that I wanted to enter the Table and Field info SDCOM and VKOND respectively in the tab Addnl Data. However, on doing F4, I do not see the table SDCOM. I tried searching by clicking on the button "SAP Applications" without any luck. Could some one help me please. BTW, the TC for creating a characteristic is CT04.

Thanks,

-Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just enter SDCOM & VKOND in respective fields and system would copy required information from data dictionary when you save the characterstic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying.

I already tried doing that, but it couldn't find the Table and field.

I now went back to check what exactly was the message. But I now see that those 2 fields are disabled because I saved the Characteristic (without entering Table and filed values). So the next sub-question, if I can say so, is how do I enter the Table and Field values even if I find it in this list? Is there any way I could upload a document with the screen-shots. That could help you understand the issue.

Thanks,

-Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you save the characteristic, the reference to table name & field name are disabled.

If you want, this characteristic could be deleted or create a new one.

For example lets say create a characteristic ZPRICE.

Go directly to Addl data tab and in Table name field enter SDCOM and Field name enter VKOND. [Don't use search button].

Click enter.

You would get a message 'Formatting data taken from data dictionary' and once you click continue, system populates the required fields.

The reason why we use this is because:

In SD, you can use variant conditions to define surcharges and discounts for configurable materials, depending on the characteristic values you assign. For example If a customer wants a car with a sunroof, the net price is increased by a surcharge of $2000.

You create variant conditions with reference to a material, a distribution channel, and a sales organization.

To create a variant condition, there is a pre-requisite which is that you should have created a characteristic that refers to table SDCOM, field VKOND.

This characteristic (in our case ZPRICE) is assigned to the variant class for the configurable material.

An object characteristic with a reference to the table SDCOM field VKOND is multivalue because several variant conditions can be entered.

In simple terms variant pricing is taking place because of reference to SDCOM table & VKOND field.

SDCOM is a structure in development class 'CU' and Appl component LO-VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

I also facing this problem where i couldn`t find Table name - SDCOM and Field name - VKOND.

Could you help us figure this out?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Can you find the table and field?

Because I couldn`t find it too!

Please guide me if you can??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Last line of Kamesh reply says "SDCOM is a structure in development class 'CU' and Appl component LO-VC"

Did you check structure SDCOM?

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I am so sorry. Could you give me guidance on how to check the structure SDCOM.

I went into SE21. I type in the development class 'CU'.

I not too sure how to carry on from there...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Go to transaction SE11.

In database table field, enter SDCOM and click display.

You can see VKOND field listed in structure SDCOM.

I am working on SAP 4.6C release and I don't have transaction SE21 in my system.

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

The problem is i couldn`t even find SDCOM in SE11.

I am using CRM 5.0

Could you advise?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I have no idea about CRM 5.0

you can try this if it works for you.

go to transaction SE80, object navigator screen.

select development class option from the list.

In the next field enter 'CU' and click spectacles button.

From dictionary objects node, select Structures folder.

click the arrow button and locate SDCOM. Double click SDCOM to see fields in this structure.

If you do not have SE80, i don't know any other method to look for structures.

Raju