Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM & Message monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently

My scenario : File to XI to IDOC

Based on the Employeenumber in the File I need to Group them as IDOC and then I need to send to the R/3 for further processing. This has been acheived with a simple BPM and its working fine now. I am hardcoding in the Message type in the Message Mapping.

Sender Adapter : File and Receiver Adapter IDOC

XI 3.0, SP 14

-

In Future

I have 3 Files from 3 vendors (3 Message types) , but they are mapped to the same IDOC.(1 IDOC)

Whether it is possible to know from which vendor we have received the file? If so How should I do that? (No Header record in the file says its from which Vendor!!!)

But these 3 files are stored in 3 different locations in the server.

-

If I can determine from which vendor the data has arrived, with simple BPM switch step I can branch the control and further necessary actions I can perfrom.

-

Please assist me. If you need any further info keep me informed.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have a look at my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

so for sure you'll be able to do that in the future

cause SP14 is already available

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mich . I will look into that and follow up with you.

I appreciate all your timely help and the great intention to help others. Excellent Quality, Hats off to you. God Bless you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mich, when I used the code int he blog

have a look at my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14 in my message Mapping as a User Defined Function.

When I dropped the function , its asking for the Input. What should I send as an Input?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Created the Userdefined Function. Sending a constant as an input and getting the result in a target field.

I got the following error

Source code has syntax error: /usr/sapDX1/DX1/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map578a9c7066b011dab462f6f8a000f002/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_AFLAC_IDOC_MM_.java:231: <identifier> expected public String FileName$(String ,Container container){ ^ /usr/sapDX1/DX1/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map578a9c7066b011dab462f6f8a000f002/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_AFLAC_IDOC_MM_.java:260: ')' expected } ^ 2 errors Source code has syntax error: /usr/sapDX1/DX1/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map578a9c7066b011dab462f6f8a000f002/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_AFLAC_IDOC_MM_.java:231: <identifier> expected public String FileName$(String ,Container container){ ^ /usr/sapDX1/DX1/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map578a9c7066b011dab462f6f8a000f002/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_AFLAC_IDOC_MM_.java:260: ')' expected } ^ 2 errors

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

sure you can with SP14

you can check insde your mapping not only the filename

but albo the directory from which the file was teken:)

Regards,

michal