cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ECM for Document Management System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to use the ECM in Document management system?

What is difference between version & revision when using ECM for DMS?

If any body implemented ECM for manufacturing industry pls give me some scenario where ECM will help?

My requirement is system should track each & every amendment in drawing & ISO documents.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got soln

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you need to work with Revision Level, you use ECM.

The flow works like this...

You create a document..

Assume it is released, now when it needs to be changed we can go for Version or Revision...

Revision is to be used with ECM and Version can be used as it is..

With ECM

1. Create DIR.. Released

2. Create ECR / ECO using CC31 CC01

3. CC31 is ECR scenario where person from any dept raises a request to modify the drawing and the request goes thru Approvals and thus ECR is changed to ECO.

This ECO is used to modify Drawing oe whichever DIR,(of course assigned to ECR)

4. After changing DIR when required status is achieved (which is RE and Complete for Engineering Change) the revision level is assigned..

The T Codes you ll need are

DC10 - for Defining Doc Type (in tern define Staus network with RE and Change complete and Revision level assignement)

CC31 for creating ECR

Other is when you know the chnage is approved (may be Design dept comes to conclusion @ some changes) then directly change no can be created. Tcode: CC01

which can be assigned to DIR and Revisions can be assigned.

You can refer to

[Best Practices|http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/500/Documentation/P41_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc]

[SAP Glossary|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d4/09c0cfa3a811d189be0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Niranjan

Award points for useful information !!!

!!! Let me know if it helps and any more info needed !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Thanks for ur immdiate reply. I understood your process but unable to map with my scenario.

I am specifying my scenario pls suggest me solution.

Currently we have so many release drawings. suppose other dept would like to change in the orignal release drawing, they send request to design dept. design dept analysis on that request & if the change is valid then they create new version of that release drawing. Some times they reject that request also.

Existing Process flow of change request.

Genrate by dept. user --> signed by dept. head --> send to design --> take views from other dept on that suggested change --> take final decision & change in orignal drawing with new version.

so my conclusion is I have to use ECM for version management. As per knowledge no need for revision level.

I know the generic ECR - ECO concept of ECM, but am confuse when i have to create new version of drawing & how assign that change number to that drawing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you want to change a document, you add the DIR to Change request,...

Hence when a user (designed ) tries to change the drawing/ DIR he will get Change number popup

This ll be applicable if ECR is approved and is converted to ECO.

Thus your Scenarion can be mapped.

as you need the Revision level assignment need not be activated.

the change number can only be used for the DIR which is assigned in ECR

Go to CC31 adn create change request > assign object type > assign DIR

get ECR approved and converted to ECO

Try to make changes in DIR ECO will popup

Make changes in DIR

goto CC02 and change the ECO to released -- > Completed

Thus you can achieve Change management.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!

Award for useful information

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on May 28, 2008 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirajan,

Thanks a lot.

I tried your solution. i have small dout.

Example : My DIR release no is : DMO 10023 00 000. One department created ECR they seleted same DIR. Once the ECR is approved (converted in ECO) now i have to change the orignal drawing, so i will create new DIR version DMO 10023 01 000.

how i have to link this ECR to new version DIR DMO 10023 01 000 ? It gives me popup in old DIR version.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sunny