cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Determination in Sales Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am creating a sales order in VA01 using customer A. Some of the sales header texts get populated automatically. This should not happen. Also, if I were to change the customer from A to B in the sales order, the header texts then become blank. The same happens if i were to create using customer B and then change to customer A.

I have checked the customer master for both A and B and there are no texts defaulted.

I have checked the text determination configuration. The text ID/access seq is VBBK. There is no preceding document (e.g. quotation). No standard text (SO10) exist either. No luck in the user exit either.

I used the text determination analysis in the sales order to check. It says text can be obtained. This is strange as there is no preceding document (VBBK).

I even remove the access sequence for the text ID as well as the checkbox 'copy duplicate' and the text determination analysis says text not found. But I can still see the text defaulted.

Where does the text come from??

Anyone encountered this strange behaviour before? Is this some SAP bug?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

HweeLing Tay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have resolved my issue.

Posting my answer here:

This is due to dummy texts in the system. A search on the SAP marketplace will lead you to several OSS notes on the phantom dummy text in the system.

The solution is to run the report RVTEXTE to delete all the dummy texts in the system.

Best Regards,

HweeLing Tay

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi hweeling

The text of the customer comes from , go to sales area data -> environment - > texts > sales texts

From here the sales texts will be flowing to the sales order , as it is for the particular customer ,the customer texts shows only for that customer A .But check wheathr you have maintained texts for customer B also

Regards

Srinath