Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Organization Structure for Plants in foreign countries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to get an solution for the following task:

A German Company, represented with one Company Code in ECC, has about 40 Sales- and/or Productionplants all over the word. These plants do deliveries for german sales orders and projekts.

The related organization mapping ECC<->GTS is n:1 , means you can only set up one Foreign trade organization for at least one company code.

And you must set up Legal units for every plant you want to deliver from and set up the relation to the one FTO.

When using Export control you must set up different legal Regulation regarding to one FTO.

And this is the point, does anybody have experience with such a constellation? SAP itself is warning to do so in there trainings, but I think as long as SAP will not have a solution for plants in foreign countries have no other chance or do I have ?

Thanks for ideas in advance,

Barbara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello , 

you have asked your question a long time ago ,  and obviously nobody answered.

Today,  i have a similar situation  to the one you describe,  when i have one company code in Switzerland , all plants belonging to it , but i need a foreign trade organisation  in Germany to declare import / export to /from Germany and export from Switzerland .

So i wonder if you found any solution in between .

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

Just to make sure, i got your question.

1) You have 2 foreign trade organisations. 1 in Switzerland and 1 in Germany?

2)  For some plants, you would like to export under Germany Foreign trade org.?

But why do you need to export frm German FTO for a Switz plant.

If what i stated above is right.

You can use a table maintained mapping those plants with the German company code. so, have a custom dev. done to transfer this particular company code for any SO,Del created from this plants.

So, the resulting Export document in GTS holds the german FTO.

Please do correct me if i had understood your req. wrongly.

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

In GTS, I would configure a mapping from a ficticious German Company Code (e.g. DE01) to a new FTO for Germany (e.g. FTO_DE01).

Then, in the transfer BAdIs (e.g. /SAPSLL/IFEX_SD0C_R3), detect the "Plants Abroad" situation and change the declared Company Code in the data transfer structure, perhaps with code something like this:

CASE cs_itm_cdoc-gen-departure_country.

WHEN 'DE'.

cs_hdr_cdoc-gen-company_code = 'DE01'.

ENDCASE.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks a lot , yes  it is the situation  i have .

We will try that direction.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks a lot ,  we will try that.

With Substance Volume Tracking we have a similar issue , because  all our plants are under this Swiss company code,  and as such the system doesn't recognize that we are crossing borders ,  and we can't report the volumes received in the different EU countries .

Any idea ?

I am going to  look in the SVT forum..

Best regards

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

Oh.  I assumed you had implemented the "Plants Abroad" functionality, but it sounds like you have not.  Surely you need to do that anyway, to avoid tax and other fiscal issues - if you're doing business in Germany, don't you need to account for VAT (MWST)?

Best regards,

Dave