cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a need for a sub-forum focussing on PI Sheets, XSteps, etc.?

Arne_Manthey
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

during the last XStep-Café session the question was brought up why there is no separate forum for topics like:

- PI Sheet

- Work In struction Sheet

- XSteps

What do you think? Would you prefer that these topics are discussed in SCM-PP or should there be such a new forum section? How should it be named?

Regards,

Arne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

former_member670364
Participant
0 Kudos

having a separate forum will definitely be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am also agrred on having seperate forum for PPPI

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

PP-PI is a part of PP. And is a small part of PP so in my opinion is is not necessary to have a separate section for PI. Also there are a lots of common queries which is for PP, PP-PI & REM so it will only lead to duplication of the data.

But yeah Arne is doing a great job by making a new separate website for PP-PI.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, we should have seperate forum and will help to get quick response/sortout/ clarify pi related queries.

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i do agree that a separate forum will set focus on this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Being part of PP ( PP-PI) module there is no need to have separate forum for PI

Arne_Manthey
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your many positve replies. It seems that the creation of a new sub-topic is hard te get approved by the SDN responsibles. However I have created an own blog on this topic with a lot of useful information. There is no real forum functionality yet but I might add that in the future:

http://websha.de/xstepcafe/

See also this post:

Regards,

Arne Manthey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I do definitely agree to al these points on PI sheets.

Regards,

Suhani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i do agree on this.The PI Sheet functionality and XStep is being widely used by many clients.This is the time where we need to serve the customer in time.The new forum will help us to gain more knowledge and experience, and basically help consultants to drive towards customer needs.

rob_smeets2
Participant
0 Kudos

I concur that there is a need for such a subforum (and meanwhile I would like to draw attention to my own question here: which ended up on page 4 after less than one day)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, definitely a separate forum is needed to discuss extensively on this topics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very much needed.

Why dont we start a new forum instead of discussing on the same for such a long time!

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes definately there is a need for separate forunm for queries related to PI as these do not get better response in PP forum,

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arne,

Definetely we need a seperate forum. to adress issues faced in PI, especially in PI sheets, X-Steps etc.

This will be a very good initiative.

best regarsd,

K.Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now that many people have requested to have a separate forum, let's create a new forum focussing on PP-PI in general to discuss and share all subjects related to PP-PI master data, control recipes, PI sheets, process message, XSteps and Interfaces.

Please let me know if you have one already otherwise I will create one this week.

Regards,

Senthil

Arne_Manthey
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Maybe one addition to that:

Since the Electronic Work Instructions offer the same functionality for PP (as of ECC 6.03 EhP3) as was offered for PP-PI by the PI-Sheets the focus should not be limited to PP-PI alone.

Regards,

Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Yes please, so there will be a forum for PP-PI, Xsteps and other related questions / topics in one forum.

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also prescribe to the fact that having a seperate forum for PI, as this would certainly bring more focus on particular issues in PI (XSteps and PI heet inparticular)

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Can anyone please give me a very brief introduction to whats Xsteps are used for?? I am implementing PI sheets in my company and it would come in handy to know something new.

Thank you.

Arne_Manthey
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please see thread 'Invitation to the XStep-Café' ().

Former Member
0 Kudos

we defintely need one for PI & Xsteps.

Regards

Thiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

having a separate forum will definitely be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arne,

Iam also having the same openion since the response I got for the queries posted in PP forum related to X steps and PI sheets is really disappointing.

Appreciate if a nw forum is there to exclusivly manage this.

Thanks & Regards

Arne_Manthey
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For further updates...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arne,

The number of queries on PI sheet and related areas are very less. Even if we post one, chances of getting noticed/exposed to the related community is very slim because of the volume of calls in PP.

In my opinion we need to channel them out from the main stream PP to get enough attention and focus.

Hope we get there!!.

Thanks

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arne,

Yes, I do agree with you......

Regards,

Abu Arbab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do agree with the team as I was disappointed many times.

Better if we get PP-PI a seperate forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree that the response to postings of PI Sheet or other specific PI functionalitiies are rather poor; but... I don't know if having a separate forum would help us, as the root cause seems to be the lack of expertise/knowledge/experience about these topics.

However, it would add some visibility to these posting so perhaps it worths a try !

Regards