cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Please don't ask how this happened; it is something I would prefer to forget!! We are on XI 3.0 and we have 5,432 XML messages in our DEV environment that are in the status "Scheduled for outbound processing" and should never be processed.

I need to archive/delete those messages but I am on the understanding that they need to be in an error status, cancelled, or completed for that to work.

Does anyone know how to mass cancel messages?

Thanks!

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi John,

have you tired deleting them from SMQ1 SMQ2?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mi Michal!

I did, and it was no help. I need the same cancellation, but on a mass scale, that you get when you do it one-by-one in transaction SXMB_MONI.

I am confident I can do it using a short ABAP program, looping and calling the method CL_XMS_MAIN->CANCEL_ERROR_MESSAGE, but I was hoping that something already existed for it.

Thanks,

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

There is also a better way you can approach. First cut the source (sender). If you have a file adapter sender comm channel on test mode, delete the source xml file. Similarly, if you have select jdbc sender with less interval, disconnect the jdbc.

After a while, probabily an hour after you will see all messages scheduled for processing will be on error.

You can simply ignore it.

No message, sheduled for processing is forever. every message has its own time-out. try to use that.

Tell me if it worked. I once happened to do that!

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you can use program RSXMB_CANCEL_NO_COMMIT_MSG or the report described in OSS note 728151 "Confirming incorrect XI messages that cannot be restarted"

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cheated and I am not ashamed! I debugged the manual cancellation process and then wrote a short ABAP program to cancel all the messages in that status. They are being deleted as I type this.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

we are facing the same problem.

could you please tell us how did you clear the scheduled messages?

-D

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi john we had a similar problem and followed the following steps. Remember we had to run table_switch after these steps since we had the swtich turned on.

1) go to SXMB_MONI and select all the msgs with "Scheduled for outbound processing" and hit the "Cancel manually" button on top the sxmb_moni screen..

this will change the MSG status from 11 to 21 in S*MAST table

2) then run the rxsmb_delete_msgs in background. Schedule the job every 2 or 3 minutes.

the problem with this job is that picks up only X number of msgs each time to delete. This job with delete the msgs if you don't have table switch activiated but if you do then the REORG flag in S*MAST table will be set to DEL and then when you the table switch the deletion will take place.

thanks

tony