cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Create a Check for Plant in WBS & Plant in Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

While creating Project (CJ01) my users are creating in a Plant, and while creating network for the same project/WBS, they are using different Plant Code.

Since my Profit center is related to the plant in CJ01,

and because of wrong Plant in network, all my PR/ PO is going in a different Profit center, which is creating a huge problem while auditing.

I need to Create a Check for Plant in WBS & Plant in Network...!!

Kindly suggest me the ways to do it and how to do it...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

there is one more way of solving this issue.You can define the check in 'Maintain Validations' which is config setting in PS.

The menu path is SPRO > Project system> Structures> Operative Structures> Work breakdown Structure--> Maintain Validations.

Define a set in GS01 transaction which contains all the Profit centres belonging to the plant.

Then go to the above config node, create a new step under WBS element & network. Define your logic & save it. The check will happen when you save the project in CJ20N transaction.

Once the above is done, assign the validation to your network & project profile.

If you are satisfied with the above solution, Pls reward points.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

I have no idea about the complete procedure of "OPSI" and "GS01".

Pls. tell me the complete steps in detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

The Check you are trying to create between Plant defined at Project def and network level that should be same can be achieved through validation at the network level by using a user exit at network level.

While creating the network you can change the plant value not equal to the value at proj def/network profile may be one of the reason is since the network type is defined for more than one plant (OPUV).

While creating validations at network level we do not have the option of setting the prerequisite/check using WBS or Proj def fields (i.e. PROJ-, PRPS- fields) so we need to create a user exit at the network level.

I am not sure but logically u can have a user exit for both prerequisite and check steps of the validation.

You need to create the user exit in program ZGGBR000.

Please take help from your Abaper for the same.

OPSI-Network header-Validation- Step - Prerequisite u2013 Check u2013 Message.

Prerequisite

If Proj Profile = u2018XXXu2019 and Network Profile = u2018XXu2019 (or as per your logic if need be use a exit)

CHECK.

PROJ-WERKS = CAUFVD-WERKS (This logic needs to be defined in user exit and set the same user exit at the check.)

Once you define the user exit in ZGGBR000, it will be available in the tab u2018exitsu2019 at the Prerequisite and Check levels.

The name of the form pool (e.g., ZGGBR000) that contains your user exit must be stored in table T80D.

It is important that you make declare the code generation program for your user exit; how many and what type of parameters you are using for the user exit. You do this by entering your newly defined user exits in the form routine GET_EXIT_TITLES. Found in program ZGGBR000.

Check with your Abaper to check on all the aboveu2026

Plant at Network level should be same as at Project def level.

Hope it helps you,All the best..

Regards

Vinayak.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plant in WBS gets defaulted from Project profile (OPSA) organisation tab. Plant in network gets defaulted from Network profile (OPUU).

Ensure that the plant in Project profile and network profile (assigned to that project profile on Plg board/dates tab) is same.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

In need a condition, where it checks plant in the following scenario...

I am creating a project in CJ01 with plant XYZ.

In CN21, while creating the network for tht project, its asking for the Plant in the first screen itself..

Now i should only enter XYZ (correct plant).. But the network accepts even if i am entering a wrong Plant (eg.ABC)

As soon as i enter Project definition in the "Assignments tab" in the network(CN21), the system should check the plant in the first screen of network(or the plant in control tab) & to give an error message that "Plant in the Network & Project didnt Match"

Pls. suggest me in this scenario..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it compulsory to use 2 transactions? If you do this in CJ20N, issue wont be there.

Regards

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CN21, you have to select the Network Profile based on that it will select the plant and the network type will be selected.

Do not enter any other data on CN21 other than the network profile and jsut hit enter.

If here in the subsequent screen, the plant is not seen properly then need to check the cnfiguration.

Hope its clear now.

Reward point if useful. Revert back if any other issue.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

The "Plant" is mandatory field in CN21. Pls. tell me how to remove it & how to make the Plant under "CN21->control tab" will get picked up from Project Defn.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepa

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Tcode: OPUB and OPUC,

Search for the plant and check whether the radio button for the required is selected.

change it to input.

Hope its useful.

Thanks..