Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SAP_ALL be copied??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the development server I need to give MAXIMUM ACCESS with restriction of administrative activities......Is it possible??

Can I copy SAP_ALL profile and change it ??? Or any other customizing option with SAP_ALL...?

How I could proceed???

Thanks In Advance

Regards,

Ami_Eka

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ami,

I suggest you to use the standard role "SAP_ALL_RESTRICTED".

It doesn't allow access to BC, CA and HR. All the rest you'll have access.

BR,

Lucas

0 Kudos

The role - SAP_ALL_RESTRICTED - goes away with a certain version of SAP. Not sure which one, but its gone from ECC 6.0.

It was there in 4.6C and I believe 4.7 ?

0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies...

Are u sure of the existance of the role "SAP_ALL_RESTRICTED" .Currently I am using ECC 6.0 but I did not get any role or profile

Lodewijk,

Copying SAP_ALL is taking so much time to generate and it seems that attching this role to 10-12 users can be a bottleneck to the system.

Is there any other option to provide MM and FICO module seperatly in the development server, so that they could have full the excess of their modules and does not have administrative right at the same time?

The only way that I could find is get ALL T-Codes from the fuctional side including SPRO (Which is quite impossible for our case it seems) and create a role and check all the link from SPRO whether Each & every Node is working.......Which is a himalayan task for creating Each MM,CO and FI module....and time consuming also...

Do you have any other alternative and Smart Idea?

Thanks In advance

Regards,

Souren Sharma

Edited by: Ami_Eka on May 27, 2008 4:35 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Ami,

There is no SAP_ALL_RESTRICTED profile in ECC 6.0. But i can suggest a work around.

1) Create a role (PFCG)

2) Save it with some text, go to authorization tab

3) Click on Change Authorization Data

4) The system will prompt for to Choose Template, you will find SAP_ALL template

5) Choose and click on "Adopt reference" at the bottom of the window

6) This will add all the authorization objects.

7) Save and generate after adjusting objects if you wish to or just add give "*" or click on the Red or Yellow buttons to make it green..

This role can be assigned to the user.

Hope this solves your problem..

Regards,

Abhijeet Bhagat

0 Kudos

Thanks abhijit for your reply...

But It seems to me It will might be a bottlenech for the system as it will take lot of spaces and might create swap problem.....if I added it to 10-12 userids.....please refer my last reply....

0 Kudos

Hi Ami,

There is one more way i can suggest but not sure if this will work.. from your earlier response i gather that you are looking out for some MM related or FA or CO related transactions..

use the area menus SE43.. use S* and take a drop down.. u wil be able to make out which area menus can cover your requirement. note down the names of the same.

create a role (pfcg) > menu tab> From Area menu --> input the names that you have noted..

then generate and save from authorizations tab.. may be this can help.. not sure.. but some different approach..

Regards,

Abhijeet

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can create a new role, go straight to Change Authorization Data and PFCG will come with a pop-up window in which you can choose templates: Choose the SAP_ALL template and there you have your modifiable SAP_ALL copy.

In existing roles, in the Authorization window you can choose to import full authorization via the menu Edit, Insert Authorization(s), Full Authorization.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Lodewijk