Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future price vs. average price / material expenses in COPA

hansi_heyderich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

at the moment we have some trouble with the material input in the COPA for merchandise. Normally the material input for it should be the average price from the material master.

After having analysed some missing costs for material input we have realised that in case there is a future price with a valid date < the billing date the future price is taken and not the average one, e. g.

average price: 10 u20AC

future price: 12 u20AC

valid date: 01/31/2008

billing date: 02/01/2008

results in material input of 12u20AC. In the sap help it is said that the future price is only taken into account if "it is activated for material valuation."

Can somebody tell me what changes I have to make so that the material input is taken from the average price instead of the future price (quasi setting the future price to inactive regardless of value and valid date). Otherwise we have have to change sd conditions etc. which is a lot of work.

Thanks in advance.

hansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is the information from the pdf file.....

Cost condition - VPRS

Use

In Pricing, you may want to compare the prices with costs or even implement contribution margin

accounting.

To do this, you can use the condition type VPRS as the cost price.

The condition type VPRS goes into the valuation segment in the material master and determines

from this the standard price or average price.

Settings in Customizing

The condition type VPRS is labeled as a statistical condition in the pricing procedure.

Using the condition category G, the condition type VPRS goes into the valuation

segment of the material master and determines from here the standard or average price.

The condition category S always accesses the standard price whereas condition

category T always accesses the average price.

You can refer P 102 in this link....

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/SDBFPR/SDBFPR.pdf

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the value is G - the system tries to acess Standard price from the material master and if it fails to find a value, then it access the Moving average price.

If the value S is selected, the system always looks for a standard price in the MMR and if it fails to find the record, it will not determine any value.

If value T is configured, the system always accesses the Moving average value and will not determine the standard price from the MMR, though standard price is maintained.

I donot have any document on this. I'll try to give you good link on this subject.

Thanks,

Ravi

If you feel that the information is useful to solve your issue, express your thanks by assigning points. It contributes to World Food Program.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The Future price is something linked to the standard price and not to the Moving Average price.

Please check the VPRS condition type - for the field - condition category -and check if the S is maintained in that. If so, replace theat with T. Then the system will always access the moving average price.

Follow the path to access the condition type VPRS-

IMG - SD - Basic Functions - Pricing - Pricing Control - Define condition types - maintain condition types - VPRS

Thanks,

Ravi

hansi_heyderich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

found that point in the customizing. For the moment we have neither S nor T but an G. As this area in SAP is s. th. like a black hole for me: What exactly does this setting? If you know a good tutorial on the net just give me the link and I will see for myself.

As our development machine is down for today I will try that out tomorrow and will come back - Thanks once again for the quick replies.

BR,

Hansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Future price comes to existance only if there is a costing run but the result is not released. See if you can avoid that.

hansi_heyderich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately not in our case - we misuse this field to save a price temporaly for planning reasons. Probably we will change this process in future but until then...

What I'm hoping is that there is somewhere a setting which says "only take average price". In a way there is s. th. in the customizing but for some reason the future price is still taken (e. g. t-code 8KEV Price for condition = MM average price).

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think while assigning to the valuation class to the G/L accounts and fot them assign only the future price amount .So it will flow to the CO-PA.

But as you said you need to change bu putting some authorizations for that feild

Regards

Srinath