cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax categoy in the Customer and material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have defined tax categories for Country "IN" as JTX1,JTX2 to capture VAT and CST and maintained one tax code for VAT and one for CST.

Do i need to maintain the JTX1,JTX2 in the JINFAC pricing procedure to capture the VAT and CST or do i need to maintain separate condition types for VAT and CST.(Like ZVAT /ZCST).........if so how is JTX1 and JTX2 linked with VAT and CST condition types.

Thanks

Ivy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivy,

for VAT and CST already standard condition types are available (ie., JLST, JCST).

if you want to use JTX1, JTX2 or ZVAT, ZCST u have assign these condition types in your pricing procedure.

and u need to define tax clssification for CST and LST condition types,

then assign these tax clasification in CMR, MMR. then u need to maintain condition records for CST n LST condition types.

now u go for creating sales order, see in pricing screens, u will have CST or LST records which ever relevant

by

rajam

please do not forget to give the points.

Edited by: RAJAM ADILAPURAPU on May 27, 2008 1:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajam,

Thanks for the reply...

ZVAT and ZCST are copy of JCST and JLST and I have maintained the same in pricing procedure,

My question is If so what should be my entries in OVK1(define Tax categories in country),So that i can go for the Tax classification against the tax category in OVK3?

Thanks

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivy,

in OVK1, go to new entry : enter IN - 1 - ZVAT, IN - 2 - ZCST (if ATX1 and ATX2 already exist for IN and if u want to avoid these, then overwrite these condition types with ZVAT n ZCST).

in OVK3, give the tax clasifications,

like '0' for Tax Exempt,

'1' for Full Tax,

'2' for Half Tax for each condition type,

and maitain condition records, before this assign tax clasification in CMR, MMR.

u can reply for some more clarifications, if u require.

bye

rajam

Edited by: RAJAM ADILAPURAPU on May 27, 2008 2:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajam,

While creating the condition record for the combination -Country/Region of dlv.plant/ Region/TaxClass1-Cust./TaxClass Mat.

...what does the Region(next to Region of dlv.plant) refer to....region of the customer or region of the delivery plant?

Thanks

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Wht Rajam told is right.

I want to add sme points in the same.

like when u put tax relevancy in cmr & mmr for ZCST & ZLST.

then while maintaining access seq to ZCST & ZLST u have to take care to add the fields like cust tax 1, mat tax 1 from field catlog. even in std access seq there is table 40 i m not sure bt in that table u will get those fields to see. so when u will maintain the cond record u have to maintain those fields like cust tax 1 & mat tax 1.

so plz take care while definig access seq. bcoz that is imp thing while taking tax relevancy in consideration while retriving condition record in sales doc.

like when u maintain tax relevancy 1 in both cmr & mmr then only system will pick up full tax. bcoz while maintaing cond record u m ention like when u will get values like 1 in cmr & mmr u have to pivk up X percentage.

hope this will help u.

for any further assistance please feel free to ask.

what region u are asking abt is from customer master.

regards

nitin

Edited by: nitin chavan on May 27, 2008 2:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

What you said is right, it is the region of the Customer. This is where the system is recoginzing to trigger CST or VAT.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivy,

Region of dlv.plant - it is a region of delivering plant (delivering plant determined into the sales order)

Region - region of cutomer (ie., Ship-to party)

bye

rajam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivy,

thanks for the points.

bye

rajam