cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import exception using Enhanced CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks!

We have a two-tier XI 7.0 landscape with the systems EXI and PXI. As transport system we are trying to use the new enhanced cts.

So, now we created a new transport in EXI with one object (a message mapping) out of the Integration Repository. The new transport was released and then visible in the import queue for PXI. When we try to import on PXI we get the following import error at the step DEPLOYMENT:

class com.sap.aii.util.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Reading GDI ... FAILED. Source is not well formed. SAXParseException at line -1, column -1. Details:

The Return Code is 12, but that is no help.

Do you have any idea, what we could do or what exactly the error could be?

Thx

Heinrich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinrich,

now you confused me again ...

Question: Where did you modify the repository object at the latest?

If you start now again from your DEV system by modifying the object (for example change the description, save the object and activate the change list) and exporting this object via CTS+ and import the CTS+ transport into your QA system, the object should be available and usable there.

But, if you before changed the object in the QA system by overwritting the "local modifiable" flag of your SWCV in your QA system, you might receive a "version conflict" when importing the transport. Please check in the receiving repository for the tab called "Conflicts" (German: Konflikte), if you find the object there. Here manual "developer" intervention is needed to finally activate the object correctly.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I will try to clarify:

There is no "local modifiable" flag of the SWCV in PROD and the object doesn't exist in PROD.

Because of your hint, I decided to change a data type that was transported earlier but without effect, so I have a new most active object. The data type still did not exist in PROD. Also there was no conflict tab, where I should decide, which object should be activated.

So I changed a detail and activated ist. After the activation I transported and imported this data typ in PROD. And still there is no new data type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinrich,

from the import view in the PROD system you will find the new imported transport and from there you can go to the object?

Can you check the status of the Cache notifications in your PROD system?

Would it be possible for you instead of transporting a single data type to transport the whole SWCV?

Somehow this really seems wired to me, and I would like to know if other "parent" related objects are missing or not.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

It took some time but the problem is solved.

We had opened a call and there we became the hint that SP15 was buggy, so we had to read the note 1003674. What was missing? We had to update the XI Tools. Silvia spoke about the conflict tab. I thought there were no problems at all because I had no tab. BUT that was because of SP15. After updating the Tools, we saw th conflict tab and we could solve the conflicts. After that the changing list was activated and....tada...the imported objects were visible.

So, that's it. Remember note 1003674

Thx Silvia for supporting me. I didn't check your last hint after we were possible to solve import conflicts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if u imported the required data types and message types successfully before importing message mapping.

Regards,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, well I created a new transport with just a data type in it. The effect was described above.

So the search goes on...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... Here is another strange fact:

I copied an existing data type that I already transported but did not see in the production. Now I transported this new (copied) data type. And there it was. I can see it in my list. I also can transport the deletion of the data type and it disappears in the production.

But when I try to transport my old object, nothing happens. The transport is successfull, but there are no new objects...

Very strange...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinrich,

this behaviour has to do with the versioning concept of XI objects.

And, the versioning concept completely differ for Repository and Directory objects.

In the SAP Online help you can find a graphical display trying to explain the important difference:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/39/f3103e02db137de10000000a114084/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/39/f3103e02db137de10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

In your case, if you try to import an old CTS transport for Repository objects, it still contains an old version of the repository object, and therefore during import a check will be done against the existing version of the object. In your case, the deleted version is really the latest version, and therefor an older version will not overwrite the newer "deleted" version.

So in your case what has to be done is really create the object new in the DEV system, create a new export from DEV and import this via CTS into your target system. Now the "latest" version of the object will be shown again.

For directory objects, every time a import is going into the system, a really new version in the target directory will be created and has to be manually activated in the target directory. Here you can use older CTS transports to create "new" directory in the target directory.

Hope this can somehow clarify your findings.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this detailed description and explanation!

The "old" object (a data type), that we tried to import from test-repository to productive-repository, doesn't exist in production. Or at least I can't see it in the tree and can't use it for a message type. Before I did the last transport test for this object, I changed something in the data type and activated this change, so this should be latest version, shouldn't it?

Then I created a transport request and imported it in production. STMS says "Everything's fine!" and in the productive Integration Repository I also find the transport, but there is no object.

So... I understand that the transport system refuses to import an old version of an object that already exists, but not importing not-existing objects and telling the user, the import was successful, confuses me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, now we got somethin new. I don't know why, but importing the transport in STMS you have to chose the destination-client 000. Then the import is finished. But when you try to find the new object in the integration repository, you see nothing. You can chose "Tools - Find transports" and you find the one you did. And it says that it's imported, but no object in the overview.

Any ideas?