cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Routine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can someone explain copying requirement 2 and also give an example as to when copying requirement 2 is used in orders?

I am an abaper and I do have the following requirement on copying control.

I need to have a consolidated credit/debit notes i.e one credit/debit memo request should have only one credit/debit memo.For this i need to devlop a new routine(I was asked to copy the billing routine 002 and modify it).Could anybody guide me of what logic needs to written in the new routine.

Thanks,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

copying requirement 2 (Header Different Customer).

If the sold-to-party is different in the reference and target documents, the system gives a warning message, but the copying will happen. The sales area must be the same for both the documents in order for the requirement to be met. The following attributes also will be checked. Completeness, reference percentage, currency, validity dates, and the payment terms.

Example: In many of the companies, copying of documents is permitted from one customer's documents to another for a different customer. However, if there are special customer material numbers used by the reference document customer , it is advicable to issue a message to the user indicating that the customers in these documents are different,so that the user can decide, whether to go ahead with copying or abort or manually make the adjustments to reflect the differences.

If this routine is assigned, these warning messages will be issued automatically when the customers are different.

Prase

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Item Category (G2N/L2N) - 'Business Data' area - COMPLETION RULE field - select the value A - Item is completed with the first reference. Then you will not be able to create more than one credit/debit memo referencing these Cd/Db memo request documents.

Please try this. I doubt this field is for quotations and contracts and not sure whether this works for order documents.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copying requirements

Definition

Identifies a copying routine. The routine checks that certain requirements are met when one document is copied into another.

HI Kishore,

Use

The standard version of Release 1.1 includes some standard routines for checking requirements during copying. You can also define your own routines, according to the needs of your organization.

Example

For example, when you copy a quotation into a sales order, the system can check each item in the quotation to make sure that it has not been rejected by the customer for some reason.

Procedure

Depending on the type of document to be copied, the system proposes a routine for checking copying requirements. If you do not want to use the proposed routine, you have the following choices:

You can enter the number of an alternative routine

You can change the routine itself and check for special requirements (however, before you change a routine, you should find out where the routine is used so that you avoid unwanted changes elsewhere)

You can enter the number for a new routine and then create the routine with the SAP development tools.

Note

You can choose from available routines in the SD Customizing menus by selecting Transactions -> Document flow and then selecting the kinds of documents you want to work with.

Regards

Sasikanth.Ch