cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings SLD and JCO connection for Java Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI Gurus,

I'm a Business Intelligence newbye and I'm a bit confused about Web Dynpro configurations.

I try to execute, through Netweaver Developer Studio 7, a simple java Web Dynpro who call the standard Flight List BAPI.

My configuration is: NW 2004s installed on BI server (with java instance and j2EE Server) and Flight List BAPI stored on R/3 ECC. 5 System in another server.

Now, my doubt are:

1) in SLD Data Supplier (J2EE Visual Admin on BI Server) CIM configuration, what are the connections parameter necessary?The BI host or R/3 host?

2)if I set BW system parameters in SLD and in NWDS when I try to run my simple web dynpro an error occour This is the output:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve JCO destination name 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST' in the SLD. No such JCO destination is defined in the SLD.

Correction Hints

Accessing the System Landsape Directory (SLD) failed. Depending on the concrete reason (see root cause) check the following:

is the SLD Supplier in the J2EE engine configured correctly? See the SLD documentation for more details about the SLD and about how to configure it.

are all JCO destinations maintained correctly? Use the preinstalled Web Dynpro Content Admin application to check/edit the destination. Use the Ping and Test functions of the Content Admin to verify that each destination is properly configured.

Additional information about the System Landscape Directory and the Web Dynpro Content Admin can be found in the SAP Developer Network (SDN) and in the Online Help for the SAP Web Application Server (installed with SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio and available online).

Note: the above hints are only a guess. They are automatically derived from the exception that occurred and therefore can't be guaranteed to address the original problem in all cases.

3)where can I create new JCO connections?What are the requirements settings?

I am always available for answers about the post!!

Help me please!!

Thanks thousand and sorry for my incorrect english!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys, I think I've solved the problem!!!

Today I've no time to make configurations but tomorrow I will try with yours advices!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea,

You can Create the JCo destination from Content Administrator. You must login as Administrator.

use the link as

http://<server>:<port>/webdynpro/welcome/Welcome.jsp, select Content Administator->Create JCo Destinations/Maintain JCo Destinations.

Please have a look on the following links regarding creating/maintaining JCo destinations. The are usally asked questions regarding JCo destinations.

Create JCo destinations:

/message/4947478#4947478 [original link is broken]

/message/5369333#5369333 [original link is broken]

Rgs,

Dni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your aim is connect from webdynpro Java to R/3 you need to have Jco connections, you need create a ABAP Technical sytem in SLD and then create Jco destinations.

please refer this documentation or blogs available in sdn.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/24/8fa93e08503614e10000000a114084/content.htm

thanks,

Venkat.