cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SMTP requires Outlook to be configured?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

i have configured SMTP Mail in our Production Server.for that i have installed my Pop3 id in the local system's Outlook Express. the same Id has been assigned to SAP User id also,in SU01. Outbound Mail is working fine.

If i delete my Local Outlook pop3 configuration, my SAP mails are not going out.

My question is that, is it necessary to configure Pop3 id in Outlook to send SAP mails using SAP connect?

Because, we have plenty of SAP Users in our company. it is not possible to give POP3 id for all of them. even without assigning Domain Pop3 id i want all the users to send mails from SAP to Yahoo, hotmail , etc... is that possible? if so, how?

Plz clarify my doubts.Also Provide me SAP's Recommendations

Thanks&Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To send mail from SAP you need a Mail Server (not an Outlook pop3 account) with SMTP and also the Relay agent needs to be setup.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it is like, a company without having their own Mail server can not assign other mailaccount (Yahoo,hotmail) to SAP user in SU01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No !

As Juan advice ( Relay agent needs to be setup ) at your place .

How SAP System will identify the Mail Server Domain ?

SAP Will route the messege to Mail Server & Mail Server router the messege to world ( If configured )

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. If im having my own Domain Server which has some Users related to that Domain.

In this case, can you tell me the Procedure i can follow to configure Mail to the concern Users?

Thanks&regards,

A.Siva Kumar

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

What Mail Server are using ?

SAP has seperate solutions for MS Exchange , Lotus , etc ....

To configure SMTP you have to decide SAPconnect Communication Interface .

[Further Details are available here |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/ea000fb4b31a71e10000000a422035/frameset.htm]

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

What you have sent is just about SMTP configuration which i have done already.

Understand my requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To send mail out to all the possible ids, in SCOT

In the Mail Host and Mail Port fields, specify the mail server to which the outbound mails are to be sent (Which would be you company's mail host)

Enter the address area of the recipient addresses that are to be reached using this node. In general, * is used if all e-mails are to be sent using SMTP.

If you have done these setting, in SU01, along with the mail ids you enter for users, you should provide communication type Internet Mail.

This should solve your problem, and mails will be transmitted to all the required domains.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Understand my requirement.

So do try to understand the perfectly correct answers you already had...

Regards,

Olivier