cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Remote Function Call in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to call a Remote Function in a Visual Composer Component and I keep receiving the following error message:

com.sap.tc.wd4vc.intapi.info.exception.WD4VCRuntimeException: 
FAILED: process plan id: N action: USER:SUBMIT

The Method works well when tesitng it locally in the SAP system.

Thanks! Any Help will be rewarded!

JJJ

Edited by: Johannes Schnatz on May 27, 2008 10:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It i not clear to me if you are trying to consume the service as an RFC or as a web service?

A. If you are failing to consume it as a Web service:

1. I suggest to test it as an RFC, in order to see that the RFC works well when externally consumed.

2. If (A.1) works, then I would try to consume it as suggested above using web services navigator: http://<host>:<port>/wsnavigator

3. Since you only have two types, I suggesy to provide the WSDL definition of the data types, where it will be easy to see the schema and identify maybe a restriction that is defined and not fullfilled when executing the service

B. If it is an RFC you are trying to consume, what is the ABAP types in use? VC today does not fully support all types of ABAP byte arrays for example.

Best Regards,

Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

U Have problem for Particular BAPI or for all BAPI whtever u import in to VC ,

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for this paricular Function. Again, the Function works properly in the SAP system.

???

JJJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

When you test the function from the design time in VC does, that work? Also can you give some more details as when does the error occur, you enter some paramters in the inputfield and click on submit or something else?

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Error occurs even when I test the Function in my VC Component (Right Mouse Click -> Test Service).

I can enter input data there and click on test, but the respind always is empty...

Thanks, JJJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

U have Devloped ur Model and ur ready to Test ur model Right .

1) Actually when ur getting error in compile time or runtime .

after wards ur saying that .

after devlop ur application u can compile and run the Application . after suuccesful compilation it will open an browser there u can see ur intial Screen with submit . once u can click on submit u can get the data from R/3 .

Regards ,

Venkat .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Is this standard SAP method that you are testing or custom-made? (Reason to ask: Yesterday I had similar issue, that custom method worked well in WS Navigator and also with SOAP UI but not with VC neither at runtime or design time - just no results / response. The custom method was complex type with 2 input ports and both the ports had similar name!!)

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is a custom made function,

Input: a GUID

Output: 2 Strings

As I said, it works well in SAP system.

Thnaks, JJJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Ok, it works in SAP System, but does it work with WS Navigator? If yes, try deploying your application and test it at runtime, check the log on the server and see what it has to say?

Regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

does your function expect a certain length of the GUID? I've noticed that if you test functions directly in SAP, input is adjusted automatically but not if you use an RFC call out of VC. Adding leading zeros with ZPAD to the GUID might help.

Regards,

Kevin