cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple "connections" files for SAPGUI Java 7.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo folks,

I have installed both SAPGUIs, the Java version and the native Win32 version. For my Win32 version i am used to use multiple SAPLOGON.INI files to separated the connections to my customers systems (i.e. one SAPLOGON.INI for each customer). Now i want to have the same for my Java SAPGUI.

Is there a pendant to the "/INI_FILE" command line addition (Win32) for the Java version?

Thx

--MIKE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike. Open help from "SAPGUI JAVA" and read about "Centrally-Managed Configuration".

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not was i am expecting: I want to, let´s say, different shortcuts on my desktop being connected to different configuration files ("connections")...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. It would be interesting to hear comments from SAP Employees. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there seems to be no parameter like for SAPGUI Win. The solution i found is as follows:

- i created several connections files, each for all my customers (e. g. "connections.cutomer1", "connections.customer2")

- the connections file is referred to in the settings file. therefore, there needs to be a settings file for each customer, too (e. g. "settings.customer1", "settings.customer2"). The parameter @INCLUDE in the settings file points to the connections file to be used e. g. "settings.customer1" points to "connections.customer1", "settings.customer2" points to "connections.customer2").

- i created a shell script for each customer (e. g. "sapgui.customer1.sh", "sapgui.customer2.sh"). this script copies "settings.customer1" to "settings" and start guilogon afterwards. guilogon evaluates the settings file and uses the connections file specified in the settings file.