cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to find the server in the MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had installed a server in my fine and it was running fine for a month.But after restarting my machine,i was not able to find the server in the SAP MMC. Only "SAP" was visible and all the components could not be found.But all the files are there..can anyone suggest me what could be the problem and what should be done to rectify it.

regards,

Uma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the problem was with the password settings of the user.I had reset the password and statrted the services again.now the server is visible in the MMC and running fine.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Open your SAP MMC and from menu option select file->add/remove snapin...

Click on add button and then select "SAP Systems manager".

Click next on the next screen and then specify System ID, Instance (as hostname instanceNumber) and then click on add button.

It will add this system in the list in sapmmc.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say that you reset the password and then it started ? Actually even I am facing the same problem. Adding the snap-in also does not work because server is not listed in the instance list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes i had reset the password and it had started.But when i had restarted the machine, i am getting another error which says "snap-in failed to initialise".I am not able to even start the services.

Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i tried doing that...but still cant find the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try to re-add it to your SAP system list within the MMC. Right-click on SAP Systems, Choose properties, goto "Fixed", specify System and instance and add it. Click OK. If everything is configured properly the instance should be displayed within the SAP system list now.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right Click of SAP Systems and choose properties.

On the general tab take 'Use fix SAP Instance list' in options panel and click 'OK'

Regards,

S.Divakar