cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view the detail information of an used DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on DC1, which depends on DC2. (DC2 is imported locally via 'Sync used DC'.)

Then I found out that it's not possible to view the detail information(source code,views) of DC2 in the WD perspective, and it's not possible to create a project on DC2 in the Dev config perspective because it's already synced.

Could you please tell me how to solve this?

thanks and best regards.

Netz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netz,

"Then I found out that it's not possible to view the detail information(source code,views) of DC2 in the WD perspective," > that's right and that's the intention. Using a DC should be regarded totally different from developing it. Parts of the DC2 can be seen in the different Web Dynpro wizards, e.g. the context mapping wizard shows the context of a used controller in the PP of another DC. "...it's not possible to create a project on DC2 in the Dev config perspective because it's already synced." > That is what we could not reproduce. We checked it with newer versions in the following way: We have (already) synced about 170 SAP DCs and created a project for one of them. Now we tried to create a project for one of its used DCs which has been synced before, too. We created the project with the help of the context menu in the "Local DCs" view of the "Development Configurations" perspective and it worked as expected.

Could it be possible that you tried a different approach or that you had a problem with authorizations so that you were not allowed to create a project?

Could you give some more information?

Thanks, Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

I am trying to create a project on the used DC in the local DCs view of the developement configurations perspective, the context menu of the used DC contains the following items:

Sync Sources

Sync Archieves

Remove from client

Deploy

-

Refresh

It seems that it's unable to create a project on it.

maybe it's caused by the version of my IDE?

best regards.

NetZ