cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to write submit action in VC app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frndz..

Am new to this VC, am trying to build an application that will invoke the 2nd iview from 1st iview, but the thing is i was unable to put submit action on my push button.....

i was selectd custom action from action tab, but where i need to write the code that invoke 2nd iview,n

wht about the validation i need some custion validations those will trigger when i click on submit button

Itz bit urgent for my futhur procedding ...

Thnaks in Advance..

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeshkelam,

You want to move to 2nd iview from 1st view. Is it so? Then please follow these steps:

1.> First create a form in 1st iview and design it. Create a push button. And in the properties of it go to custom action and give some name like Go. Drag a link from 1st iview to 2nd iview then name that link as Go(name mentioned in the custom action)

2.> Then drill down to 2nd iview. Design it as per your requirement.

Now save and deploy you will be able to move from 1st iview to 2nd iview. These iviews are in one page. then only you can link them like this.

If you want to transfer data between the two iviews then follow these steps:

1.> Go to the form of the first iview.Drag output port and create signal out with proper name.Click the link created in between the signal out and the form and give a proper name(event name). This name you have to mentioned in the button action property.Go to the form and click the button property.Then in action tab you can mentioned the action as custom action.

2.> Configure the signal out means select the fields which you want to transfer to the other iview.

3.> Then go to the other iview and drill down in that.

4.> create a form and drag input port of it and create a signal in and give the same name as you have mentioned in the signal out.

5.> configure the signal in. And give all the fields which you have mentioned in the signal out.(it is case sensitive, so better give the correct names)

6.> Double click the form and select all the fields which you want to be visible on the form.

7.> just save nad deploy the model and you can transfer data between the two iviews.

I hope this will help you. This scenario contains two iviews each one with a form.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

Here In VC U cannot Write Even Single line of Code Just Drag And drop Every Functionaliy will be Devlopen in By Abapers not by VC Dev . i think even Submit Button also By Defalu will come to ur form when u import your bapi in Desgn board no need to write any thing it will automatically come ones u import ur bapi .

Coming to Validation What type of validation u Required

Regards ,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat...

Thank u boss, u given a very good info. And here am testing a simple App without model(BAPI) becz to know the functionality of VC.n tell me 1thing that without a model itz not possible to do the custom actions n frond end validations.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

we can do custom Actions and We can Devlop our own applications with out Model . but in real time We have an model comulsory here no need to write Custom actions almost mplemented by abapers .

in Vc There is an validation Tab But its not working as per our Requirement . so do the validation from R/3 .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

I think u created one push button in iview1 To Trigger to iview2 . for this

1) U have form I mean Initial Screen Right That Screen U have To Drag on One Layer And keep Form in that Layer .

2) U have 2 Form Like Table or something that form also u have take one more layer put 2nd i view in layer2 .

3) In Layer Click on above u can see Green round Small Ring From There u can Drag to Second Layer .

Now Ur First Layer is Communicatin With Second Layer But There Is No Action Submit Button Right .

for This Click Layer1 Go To -> Configure in right side Panel There In Action Drop down First Drop down from screen just On that u can see Ur Sumbit Button Action There select that Field Assign it ,.

No Submit button Action Will Trigger .

Regards ,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Could you help me understand your problem better?

You have two iViews -> iView1 and iView2. And you want to call iView2 from iView1's button click is it?

You will have to do this in the GP, but not in VC runtime itself.

You can create a GP Process which will hold block(s), block(s) will hold the action(s), action will hold a callable object and a callable object will hold your iView. You could also start creating from the callable objects to Process.

Here's how you do it:

Create GP development objects:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/7911c4875a6572e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Let me know if its useful

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani..

Thank u for reply,and the thing is am the EP(NWDS) Developer n this is the first time with VC.As per our requirment we r not using GP, i kno GP with NWDS only.I need to develop a Stock n WareHouse Reports those have a business flow(inter linked).

So to do this i started pratice on VC, here i want a simple app with out a model.

Rgards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I think u can Create Toolbar-> Right click -> properties -> systemaction -> submit Will be available .

if it is custom action means u have assign that action second layer .

in Vc We cannot do Any Validation in VC 7.0 . everything From R/3 Side Only .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Have you tried using interrelated iViews? If not, please have a look here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d0/24db4203d82b78e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Let me know if its helpful

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani.

Yes Vani, that URl u given is very useful . But my Query has't been resloved, my xact requirment is to transfer the control from one iView to 2nd iView when i click the submit button on the 1st view with all the validation i have on that iview.

Doing this with NWDS is very easy , but am not getting in VC ..its seems to like a Video Game .

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Click The submit button first,

2.Go to properties ,there it wil dispaly all like data,test,isnull,click on is null ,it will open r

3.in right side one windoe will open there it will display all Data,null chech , once u will double click on submit button

4.go to conditions there u can find isnull,inthat u have to click on that isnull ,once u will click one window will open there it will display true u can remove that please click isnull function

5. it will show like this isnull(some parameters), than go to data there select field what u r goining to do validations

ianull(firstname)&&isnull(secoundname)like this .

7.after that in bello itvill display chek option , once u can click that check u passing paratametors is right or not it will show'

8 after that u can click ok button , if u have any clarifications please ask onece i will tell .

Tanks & regards,

Suresh Pagadal