cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule multiple imports in one time?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got a simple question, which hopefully has a simple answer

Is it possible in the task list (trx SCMA) to schedule imports for all attached logical systems to that maintenance cycle in 1 time, in stead of scheduling imports for each logical system separately?

We've got 10 logical systems in 1 maintenance cycle. And the imports have to be scheduled on the same timings for all of these systems, so eg. from today untill the 14th of June we want a daily import in all attached logical systems of that maintenance cycle.

Is this possible to do this in 1 action?

kind regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

What do you mean with 10 logical systems? Do you have 8 test/qa systems between your DEV and PRD box?

If all systems are part of one maintenance project/cycle and you execute the action to release or import TRs, it will be triggered for all systems defined in the cycle.

Roel

0 Kudos

No Roel,

I think I took the wrong term. We have several logical system landscapes in 1 maintenance cycle.

For instance:

Maintenance cycle 1 contains:

landscape R3

DEV

QAS

PRD

landscpae BW

BD0

BA0

BP0

landscape SRM

ED0

EA0

EP0

If I want to schedule an import job to import all transports of maintenance cycle 1 in all systems, I have in the above example to schedule 3 jobs. (1 in PRD, 1 in BP0 and 1 in EP0)

The question is whether I can do this by 1 action. Schedule the import of all PRD systems on the maintenance level in stead of the landscape levels separately.

kind regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Totally not sure if this is possible, but give it a shot.

Maybe you can create a variant with your three PRD systems for the program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT and schedule this job in SM36 or change the task list of your maintenance cycle.

It's a wild guess

Roel

0 Kudos

Roel,

good idea. Only, this program doesn't have a selection screen.

How can I create a variant for this program?

:-s