cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CJ88 - NET BOOK VALUE NEGATIVE IN AREA 01, ASSET AFFECTED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

I am getting the error in CJ88, while i am trying to settle an WBS as " NET BOOK VALUE NEGATIVE IN AREA 01" .

"ASSET AFFECTED"

My Config settings is as follows :

Ordinary Depreciation - Not Desired

Special Depreciation - Not Desired

Unplanned Depreciation - "Only negative values and Zero values allowed"

Kindly help me wht is the cause of the error.. if its a config error, then where to change the config settings..??

Regards,

Deepa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tcode:AS01

then go to depreciation area tab > double click on the depreciation area 01 and set a check mark on "Negative Values Allowed"

Hope its useful.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir, But they have locked that option in production server.. Anyway i will check with my configuration team for that..

What are the possibilities for net book negative value in an asset?? Is it an data error or not?

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main reason is could be because of reversal of the settlement document to that asset.

To explain in detail:

The problem will happen for those WBS elements which were settled to AuC in previous period but were having negative costs in current period due to reversal of some of the previous period documents or due to negative price difference entries. In this scenario, total cost incurred in these WBS elements will be positive but cost to be settled to AuC in current period/year will be negative.

hope its clear.

Reward point if useful.

thanks..