cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFrame deprecated on Composition Environment, Which UI Element to use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to render and display an XML content in Web Dynpro IView. I searched in the forum and found that the IFrame API is used for this issue. But the problem is, I am developing the Web Dynpro application on Composition Environment 7.1 and on this the IFrame API is deprecated.

Is there any other UI Element that in Composition Environment that is usable for the same purpose?

Thanks

Yasar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

In case of using (window.open) I can only show the html document in this new window, right? Is it possible also display some other fields on top of the openned window?

If thats the case then it can be also implemented with a LinkToURL API, which i already implemented.

Regards,

Yasar

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasr,

yes you are correct...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriniva,

On Composition Environment Portal we don't have KM.

Is it not possible to simply display the html page within a view with any UI API's of NWDS 7.1?

The solutions you providing are very complex and are not suitable for Composition Environment System.

Regards,

Yasar

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

Above two are the possible solutions(I know).....

If none of them works for you.....

In such a case, you have to use window.open().... so that u can display your HTML file within WebDynPro...

In doing the above window.open for a HTML file, I could help you....

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Could you please explaing in details your solutions.

I can store the xml content as an .html file and also display via a LinkToURL Element. If I apply your second option, how can I store the file on the server and create the http alias. Can you explain this more in details?

Regards,

Yasar

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

In case if u can store your html file..... then store it inside KM and access it via LINK to URL.... or else...

IF U can store it in the server.....

Below is the blog to access content via HTTP Alias....

/people/renjith.andrews/blog/2005/03/31/creating-an-http-alias-in-was

Hope this is helpful....

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

I tried with FormattedTextView, but its not accepting the XML Content as a text value.

I get the message "invalid content was found starting with element 'html' "

Regards,

Yasar

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any of the below two methods work for u???

1. can you use PDK(JSP DynPage)?????

2. store the XML files in server and create an HTTP Alias and access using URL iView????

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply,

I will display the XML Structure.

I retrieve document informations (like create date, created by, document name...) and document content from an RFC and want to display the header information and content on the same web dynpro view if it is possible.

Is it possible to store the XML Content in the development component and to show the content as an URL IView on the portal content? If that could be done I can display two IViews (one for the header information and the other for the document content) on the same page.

Actually displaying the XML content as an external window is not preferred.

Regards,

Yasar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried with FormattedTextView to render your xml

Regards

Ayyapparaj

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

Are you going to display the XML Structure or simply data stored inside the XML file.

In second case you dont need iFrame. you can retrive the data from the XML tags, store them in appropriate variables and display....

In first case...

is there any possibility that u could use window.open... i.e., will it be OK if u display your content in a new window???

Please confirm... so that I may help you....

Regards,

Srinivas.