cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS uploading from Development server to Production server[GO LIVE].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All,

I have configured DMS at client palce. Here they don't have quality server.

What we configured will be tested in development it self. So in the unit test there is no errors at all and

uploaded some documents in the development also.

So i want to know how i could tranfer request and full DMS configuration to production server[Go Live].

1.Wheather I could need Basiss Help.

2.What are all precautions i could take before and after 'go live'

3.What are all requirement needs to 'go live'.

plz give procedure i details

Rgds

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks sham

I have any how requires basiss help for this

rgds

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there no mandatory of quality server to test , if ur confident, u can directly transport to production

For request transporattion its better to have basis person, if u know the procedure, u can also import from production server.

Before that release all transport request in devp server.

After transporting to prod server check wheather all customising setting imported or not, wherever necessary u create master data in production system it self(Class and characterstics, and number ranges).

For going live u need to create all roles and autorization and need to assign to respective user ids.

award points if useful

regards

sham

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, sham,

thanks for giving me soluton. Acually i m at client base.

I understood your solution but the User and Roles in which server should i create wether in development or in production.

Also, How i would check DMS sever space availabilty in production server.

Is it requires separate repository for DMS in Production server.

Rgds

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U need to create user ids in production system it self and as concerned to roles u need to create roles in development server and transported to production server.

Regarding repository, u may have separate content server, its purely depends on the size of data ur uploading, its alwys better have separate content server as its having betetr features.For installation and CS customization u contact ur basis team

If ur dealing with minimum amount of data, then u can use SAP data base for storing the physical documents.

Regards

Sham