Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idocs mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question here.

Whenever we Syndicate from MDM an XML file which is using the MATMAS05 structure,we can view only the data segments and their fields in the destination preview that means,we are not syndicating the control and status segment.Will this not cause the idocs to fail as the control seg contains some required fields.

If we are using XI in the scenario,will it be able to do the control and status segment mapping without MDM syndicating those segments to XI in the xml file.

How do we take care of this?

Useful answers will be rewarded

Regards

Simona

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simona,

yes u r correct...... but it can go through XI without Control Segment.

At source side u will hv ur syndicated XML file (with Control Segment) & at target side u will have IDOC Structure ( with Control Segment).

What u hv to in Message mapping is, simply right click the segment EDI_DC40 & disable it.

& it will work.

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswari,

I did not understand one thing ,if i disable my control seg in XI while doing mapping then how does this step take place.

At source side u will hv ur syndicated XML file (with Control Segment) & at target side u will have IDOC Structure ( with Control Segment).

Can u explain this in details

Regards

Becky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good question becky!

Thanks for your reply Maheshwari,can you ellaborate on the above point a little more

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Becky/Simona,

If you have gone through the blog provided by Maheswri, then please see the first method of sending Idoc, it says if dont click checkbox and disable the segment, the control record will go with default values.

I think Simona is sending data segment only from MDM not control segment. so just do mapping and try according to that blog.

Please also read this from help.sap.com:

Apply Control Record Values from Payload or not:

If you set the indicator, the conversion of communication parties to the IDoc partner is only possible for systems that are not logical systems.

If you do not set the indicator, all combinations of communication parties and services are handled as services without party.

If the IDoc XML structure contains a control record during outbound processing on the Integration Server, it is rejected and created again by the IDoc adapter. If you want to include additional values in the control record, set the indicator and provide an appropriate mapping for the values. See also: Fields of the IDoc Control Record.

So i think the scenario should work without control record .

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the explanation

So it is clear that the scenario can work by disabling the control segment mapping in XI.

But I wanted to know that is it possible in the first place to send out the control segment when syndicating from MDM in the XML format? .

Because when I created my map in the MDM syndicator i mapped only my data seg fields,and the preview also shows just the mapped field with values and the data segment to which those fields belong.

Then how do i syndicate the control seg and status seg and their fields if ever required from MDM.

Thanks in advance

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

See untill and unless we dont have those fields in source structure in MDM syndicator, we cant map them to target. I think you are using MATMAS05 xsd at target and repository at source. Material Master repository i think only have fields related to data segment and not for control fields. correct me if i am wrong.

We can either use some custom fields or enhance the repository.and then map them to target to send control fields values.

from my point of view its only a method, i have not tried but it should work. otherwise no need to worry when we have an alternative.

Hope it will be useful.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the clarification

Regards

Simona

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member