cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Adapter engine in RFC Adapter after export/import

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I go to our quality box under Integration Directory and go to cache notifications this is the message (below) I also cannot change the adapter engine in the rfc adapter from the sandbox - the adapter engine has been changed in sld for that business system. We exported everything from the sandbox to the quality box and went to a central sld. Below is the message I get in the ID when I go to cache notifications.

"Unable to determine the name of the central Adapter Engine from the System Landscape Directory at this time.

Notifications to the central Adapter Engine are therefore listed using the technical name of the Adapter Engine.

This is usually structured as follows:

af.<SAP System ID>.<Name of application server>"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

When this error comes, I used to solve it by simply installing Adapter Engine under XI components. Don't worry, the installation does not affect anything and it is just a 5 to 10 minute job ;).

You can surely succeed. Please tell me if you succeed.

best regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean in the sld? I think I already have it ... It shows in the installed components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

No not on SLD. The same error comes when you click Integration Cache from Integration Directory.

Just try and tell me... it is just a 10 minute installation. Nothing gets affected.

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok how do I install - I do still have the error.

Thanks,

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Click the same sapinst.exe file which you used to install XI.

<Master DVD>\IM01_NT_I386\SAPINST\NT\I386\sapinst.exe

Then traverse down to Netweaver Components running on Java -> XI Components -> Adapter Engine Installation

Click next and give NetWeaver components DVD path and

that's it.

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Felix .. I will have our Basis guy take a look at it. We are running on Linux.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Andrew,

Dont worry if you run on linux.

instead of

<Master DVD>\IM01_NT_I386\SAPINST\NT\I386\sapinst.exe

try,

<Master DVD>\IM01_UNIX_I386\SAPINST\UNIX\I386\sapinst.exe

or similar to it.

Best regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all -

We have found a note that seems to address this very problem Note 764176

Symptom

Error message in the XI directory: The relevant Adapter Engine cannot be found

Error in the cache update: Association to the integration directory cannot be found

Domain in the Runtime Workbench does not contains an integration server

Error message in the Runtime Workbench when configuring the end-to-end monitoring: Integration server does not exist or could not be found in the SLD.

Other terms

Runtime Workbench, Cache Update, SLD, XI, SXI_CACHE, CPACache

System Landscape Directory, XI Directory

Reason and Prerequisites

The System Landscape Directory contains inconsistent entries. This can be caused by manual changes, for example, but inconsistencies can also occur during the update from XI SP3 to SP4.

This can have multiple effects at runtime, which do not immediately lead back to inconsistencies in the SLD.

Solution

In the Runtime Workbench in the Monitoring component (hierarchy display), check whether all expected components are listed completely. With the inconsistencies caused by the upgrade, the integration server is usually missing.

Under 'Technical Landscape' in the SLD, select the "Exchange Infrastructure" technical system type. Check whether all XI components of the same XI domain are assigned and whether there are several XI domains for the server. In some circumstances, two domains with similar names are logged, one with a fully-qualified host name and one with a short host name. This represents an inconsistency.

In addition, the integration server and another XI component (directory, repository, adapter engine) are not assigned to the same domain.

You can solve the inconsistencies as follows:

1. Open the "Content Maintenance" view under "Administration" in the SLD editing interface. Select "XI Integration Server" from the drop-down menu and navigate to the associations of the integration server. Select the "XI Integration Server Logical Identity" association and delete the association by pressing the 'Remove' button.

2. Switch to "Home" in the "Technical Landscape" view, and select the "Exchange Infrastructure" technical system type there. Select all domains and XI components for the host and delete these by selecting them and pressing 'Remove'.

3. Start the J2EE server. After you restart the server, the XI components log on to the SLD again and create a new entity of the "XI Integration Server" class.

4. To register the directory and repository again, you must also log on to the two tools.

5. In the "Technical Landscape" --> Technical System Type "Exchange Infrastructure" view, check whether all XI components are logged on correctly (Adapter Engine, Integration Directory, Integration Repository, Integration Server and Runtime Workbench/RWB). The Adapter Engine components may be missing. If so, stop and restart in the J2EE Visual Admin --> Server --> Services --> and deploy the sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.cpa.app application.

6. Change again to the administration interface --> content maintenance for the associations of the XI Integration Server.

Create a new association by pressing the 'New Association' button, select the "XI Sub-System viewed Application System" associations type here and in the next step, choose the BC system for the Integration Server. Save the association by selecting 'Associate'.

Create a new association by pressing the 'New Association' button, select the "XI Integration Server Logical Identity" association type here and in the next step, choose the business system for the Integration Server. Save the association by selecting 'Associate'.

1. In the "Technical Landscape" --> Technical System Type "Exchange Infrastructure" view, check whether the assignment to the application system is also displayed there (the business system where the Integration Server is running should appear in the "Application System" column for the Integration Server).

2. To make the changed associations known in the directory, the SLD temporary storage must be deleted in the directory. To do this, log on to the Integration Directory and select the 'Environment --> Delete temporary storage areas for SLD data' menu option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

The mentioned Note will also be useful when you are upgrading from SP3 to SP4 and more importantly when you are upgrading to SP15 as well.

As we had the same problem, there were problems with CPA Cache and also Adapter Engine as there were multiple entries for the same.

Regards

Paresh