cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Sender reconnect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m using the JMS adapter as a Sender and want to know how the connection to the MQ is done. If i.ex. the external MQ is shut down for maintenance - how does the the JMS adapter in SAP XI reconnect when the MQ is up again?

Do we need to deactivate and activate the Communication Channel (i hope not!) or how is it done?

/Jakob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

SAP XI should an will reconnect automatically. When the JMS libraries of the JMS implementation report an error, the SAP XI JMS adapter will try to reconnect.

It is quite a long time ago that I tested with WebSphereMQ, but at that time SAP XI reconnected fine when WebSphereMQ queue manager hadn't been reachable for a certain period of time.

Kind regards, Guy Crets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

SAP XI will try to reconnect when the next message is sent, e.g. if normally connects to the queue at activation or restart on SAP XI. It will only check again once it gets an error during sending to the queue.

We are using WebsphereMQ and no issue at all with MQ being down, SAP will try 3 times and then the message stays in the RWB and you can submit it again once MQ is up and running. If you know there is a maintenance coming in MQ I would disable the adapters as it is easier to resubmit them in the ABAP Stack with SXMB_MONI then RWB. My choice.

Cheers

Stefan

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Perfekt - i hope it still works...

/Jakob

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Stefan: it´s a

Sender

channel. Thats the problem because it normaly keeps the connection while activating the Channel.

With

receiver

Channel you are right...

/Jakob