Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am creating Alerts with ALRTCATDEF and i want to know that,

1. what type of errors i can get from this ?

2.If so how can i defferenciate between them. ? i.e Mapping errors,etc...

3.How to add this alerts to all my scenarios?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this blog for step-by-step solution to configure alerts.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

We can get alerts from Integration engine as well as adapter engine.

we can differentiate them from the name itself.

To get alerts for all scenarios we need to give (*) when creating rules. Else if we need alerts for particular scenario, we should specify the details of the scenario.

Thanks,

Indira D

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is th TCODE where i can add my emailID to get alerts into my Mailbox,rather than cheking in ALERTINBOX in RWB.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To send an EMAIL, assign an EMAIL ID to the corresponding user in the transaction SU01 and then set up SCOT and you can send emails when the ALERT is triggered..

Once you have configure Alerts, you will get the Alerts into ALERT INBOX in RWB of the user. To also get the email, the following needs to be done,

1. In SU01 -- Assign the Email ID for the Recipient of the ALERT.

2. In , RWB>ALERT INBOX> PERSONALIZATION--> Time Independent Delivery and Email are selected.

3. Finally, SCOT needs to be set up to send Emails. Check this for the same. You can ask your BASIS team to do this step.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/1edf098ea211d2b47300609419ed29/frameset.htm

Also, In ALRTCATDEF, go to SETTINGS--> CONFIGURATION. By default, the option selected is INTERNAL PROCESSING. Select the option SMTP FORWARDING AS XML and give the email id. This will enable you to send an email alert whenever an error occurs in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

consider i have 100 interfaces and have 10 business owners.

I need to add 10 interfaces to each business user...i mean 100 interfaces to 10 people.

So how many alerts i need to create...10 ?...if so how to add add interfaces to this alerts category....

plz someone guide me....

Edited by: PS Reddy on May 28, 2008 10:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

in RWB under Alert configuration you can add rules and include your scneario

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not talking about a single scenario ...i want all the interfaces to be include in that....

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can use the asterik for sender and receiver in the alert rule for a category

Former Member
0 Kudos

then how to add errors into it,,,,,what is that i should add..

Former Member
0 Kudos

what errors do u mean. the text you can add in ALRTCATDEF where container variable and long text can be added

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes